Reader 2
Vydellia
0 Kudos

Re: Spinning Forward - free NOOKbook or not?

So have the people who were told that they will receive a refund for this error actually received one?  I've talked to customer service 3 times since last Friday and there still isn't any sort of refund or credit on my account, even though each of them assured me that it would be removed and I would be refunded.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

My credit went through this morning.

Credits do not take effect over the weekend. I did call yesterday to make sure it was done only b/c I did call on a friday night and wasn't sure if it didn't get lost in the overload.

Frequent Contributor
hollygNJ
0 Kudos

I just called CS and spoke to Joe, and he checked and said my refund should go thru by the end of the day today. So it took longer than I expected, but I'm happy it went thru.

Holly in south jersey

Reader 2
Vydellia
0 Kudos

Cool, thanks for the info.  I'll give it a few days before I start to worry, then. 

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
PA10
0 Kudos

Yep, got my credit.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Now my question IS...do we still get to keep the damn book being as it is free now?

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Re: Spinning Forward - free Nooks or not?

Part of mine went on a Gift Card & $2.98 on credit card.  I got the $2.98, but I'm away, so I can't check to see if the rest went on the Gift Card.  I still have the book.

Frequent Contributor
hollygNJ
0 Kudos

I'm wondering the same thing- I guess I'll know after I get the credit.

Holly

Correspondent
kivvie
0 Kudos

On my second call to Customer Service, I was ASSURED that I would still have the book(s) and to call back if they disappeared for some reason.

Reader 2
Vydellia
0 Kudos

Got my refund today :smileyhappy:  It appears that they let me keep the book.

New User
bmonroe739
0 Kudos

Re: Spinning Forward - free NOOKbook

I have a Nook and a Kindle.  Spinning Forward was free on the Kindle.  I'm not thrilled with the Nook, though I only have it a short time.  The Kindle is easier to manage and has tons of free books.  There is also an author who sends me free book choices every day and also Kindle tips.  I haven't searched too deeply, but I haven't seen too much "free" books, except for the books with cheap erotic covers.

Not too happy.

Wordsmith
Critteranne
0 Kudos

bmonroe739 wrote:

I have a Nook and a Kindle.  Spinning Forward was free on the Kindle.  I'm not thrilled with the Nook, though I only have it a short time.  The Kindle is easier to manage and has tons of free books.  There is also an author who sends me free book choices every day and also Kindle tips.  I haven't searched too deeply, but I haven't seen too much "free" books, except for the books with cheap erotic covers.

Not too happy.

There are several ways to find free ebooks for the nook. First, on your nook, tap Shop, then tap Search, and finally type $0.00 in the search field. This will bring up millions of free e-books -- from PubIt books to Google books to free ebooks put out by publishers. There are so many that you will want to narrow down the listings. You can do this by typing $0.00 and then a space and a category (for example $0.00 horror or $0.00 mystery).

Also, use the InkMesh site to find free e-books for the nook:

http://inkmesh.com/free-ebooks/?site=nook

Of course, on Friday, check out B&N's Unbound Books Blog for the "Free Fridays" e-book.

Finally, of course, check out the postings on this site (as well as sites such as MobileReads) b because people are always announcing free e-books for the nook. I've found that many of the free Kindle ebooks also become available for the nook.

Also, unlike many other ereaders, the nook lets you sideload free content from other sites, as long as you download the eReader or Epub edition or convert the ebook into the right format. So you can go to a site such as the Baen Free Library (http://www.baen.com/library/) and download free SF and fantasy e-books.

Wordsmith
Critteranne

[ Edited ]

BTW here is the ilnk if you want to search from your computer instead of from your nook -- you'll have to sort it by price because for some reason, some very technical science titles (not free) are showing up at the top of the list:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD=%240.00

That is, unless you want to buy ebooks about rat cardiomycocytes and the effects of sedimentation and periphyton communities on embryonic rainbow smelt. :smileywink:

Also, here are some more tips on finding free e-books:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-and-NOOKcolor-General/Free-Books/m-p/661598/highlight/tr...

Here is a thread with lots of helpful advice on using your nook:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-and-NOOKcolor-General/Didn-t-read-the-manual-A-list-of-t...