Frequent Contributor
PocketGoddess
0 Kudos

Still No Preorder for Kings of the North

I'm anxiously awaiting Kings of the North, the second book in the new Paksworld series by Elizabeth Moon. It has been available as a Kindle preorder for what seems like forever (the last several weeks, if not a few months). It's even available on Apple's iBooks, and they've only had Random House books available for sale for two days!

It still isn't available on the nook, and I'm afraid that it might not be--though I'm also hoping that B&N is just putting it out really late. Who knows, when The Land of Painted Caves will be out in just under a month and I was able to preorder that one last October!

I contacted Random House last week, the publisher of Kings of the North, and they said it's up to B&N to make it available for sale. Of course there's nothing on the B&N site except a "tell the publisher you want this in NOOKbook format" button.

Does anyone else find this as frustrating as I do? I just want to fork over some casn and read the ebook in my preferred format--preferably starting at midnight on release day! As it is, no one can confirm whether or not that will be possible.

SIGH. Thanks for letting me rant, I'm not normally so anxious for new releases, but Elizabeth Moon is my favorite author.

New User
Kyarie
0 Kudos

Re: Still No Preorder for Kings of the North

Totally with you. Especially as we have Oath of Fealty for the Nook. <sigh>

Just hoping that it comes up on the 22nd. It has been that with a few other books I have gotten. Show up on release date for the win.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

I am waiting anxiously to buy this when it is released as well.  Unfortunately, B&N isn't always very good about making preoders available.  Almost every Wheel of Time ebook has been late being made available as a preorder or didn't beI'm just oging to wait until the 22nd and check back for it since I rarely preorder anything anyway.

New User
Kyarie
0 Kudos

Up for preorder now! Just saying in case you hadn't noticed yet...

:smileytongue: