Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

Sunday GIVEAWAY for Mystery/Suspense Debut

The Summoner by Layton Green is a new mystery/suspense novel about an expert on cults and a Diplomatic Security Agent who investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat at a religious ceremony in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=2&USRI=the+summoner

I will  be giving away TWENTY copies of the novel today only.  Please visit the author's website at www.laytongreen.com, contact me via the email on the website, and I will send your free copy.

Praise for The Summoner

“ . . .[T]his book is above and beyond in its narrative, its cohesiveness, the depth of its characters and the quality of the writing. This is one of the best books I've ever read for Odyssey Reviews.”

—      Odyssey Reviews (Winner -- Odyssey Review’s Award of Indie Excellence) 

“Favorite book of the year so far.”

—      A Novel Source

“I moved a little outside my comfort zone with The Summoner, and I am glad I did. A blend of action, history, anthropology, thrills, and chills, all delivered with a mature, polished voice.  I am eager for more from this author.”

—    Scott Nicholson, Bestselling Author

“Green writes like a dream. Dominic Grey is a fascinating protagonist, and his quest for justice in the heart of a troubled African city gripped me from start to finish. The Summoner also beautifully captures Zimbabwe's diverse and conflicting landscapes — both urban and rural, ancient and modern. The result is a fast-paced and searing narrative that offers a glimpse into a world of religion, politics, and culture few could imagine. The next installment of Green's suspenseful storytelling and Grey’s next journey can’t come soon enough!”

—      Melody Moezzi, Award-winning Author, War on Error

“[C]alls to mind such series as Jason Bourne and Indiana Jones, with supernatural/religious overtones thrown in. I recommend The Summoner to anyone looking for a suspense-filled journey into a unique—and at times, terrifying—culture that’ll keep you guessing.”  

—      Bookhound’s Den

“Layton Green has written a tale with supernatural and political undertones that unravels with ever increasing suspense . . .  The book is plain terrific.”

—    Richard Marek, former President and Publisher of E.P. Dutton

Layton Green, Author of The Summoner

A religious phenomenologist, a Diplomatic Security Agent and their local liaison investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35
Frequent Contributor
Patrick_Skelton
0 Kudos

Re: Sunday GIVEAWAY for Mystery/Suspense Debut

Looks good!  I'll put it on my list..

Author of THE DEVICE A Suspense Novel

[url=http://www.patrickskelton.weebly.com]The Device [/url]
Distinguished Correspondent
rerose1975
0 Kudos

Looks great! I'm interested to see what you do with it as a series.

Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

Thanks to both!

Layton Green, Author of The Summoner

A religious phenomenologist, a Diplomatic Security Agent and their local liaison investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Got my e-mail this morning and will download tonight. Thanks!

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa

Anyone else having problems opening the free EPUB version?  Got it from the author and it won't open on my Nook.

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
yellowrosetx
0 Kudos

I am able to open and read it from my downloads in the library tab.  I can't get it onto my desktop.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

sub_rosa wrote:

Anyone else having problems opening the free EPUB version?  Got it from the author and it won't open on my Nook.

Are you downloading to either ADE or Calibre first? I download these type books into calibre and then sideload to Nook.

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa

kathylcsw wrote:

Are you downloading to either ADE or Calibre first? I download these type books into calibre and then sideload to Nook.

I first tried using ADE, which is my normal course.  However, ADE came back with an error:

summoner

The file would not transfer to ADE.  So I tried transferring the EPUB file directly from my computer to Nook.  I don't know if it has any DRM on it.  It transferred to Nook, but it will not open.  It tries, and the Nook eventually says it can't open the book.

I e-mailed Layton Green about the problem with the file, but I haven't heard back yet.

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

I opened it using ADE and it was fine. But then it wouldn't show up in the library when I tried to sideload it. I had to look under My Documents in the ADE folder. I dropped and dragged and it opens fine on the Nook too.

javabird
0 Kudos

it is opening for me on my iPad just fine.