Correspondent
thelios

Surprising .....

Woke early and B&N had dropped the price on Exodus by Leon Uris from $9.99 to $3.99. Just saw where Amazon dropped their price to the same thing. Surprising that B&N was first in their reduction.
You live and you learn, some people just live!
Distinguished Correspondent
javabird

Re: Surprising .....

Thanks for posting this! There's also a "Best Nookbook Bargains" thread for posting specials like this:
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Best-Nookbook-bargains/m-p/1432897
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

I think thelios was posting amazement at B&N being first on a price reduction rather than specifically notifying anyone of this particular deal.

Could this be an indication of new attention to pricing on B&N's part, so that they will no longer lag hours or days behind other vendors, or is this just a one-time fluke?  We can only hope.

Correspondent
thelios

That is exactly what I was talking about. It was refreshing to see them in the lead rather than lagging behind the other vendors. It was a book I had been wanting to get but when I saw it was a 60% reduction, I couldn't pass that one by. If they continue, I WILL be taking advantage.
Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob
0 Kudos

I suspect it's because B&N's "new day" starts at midnight on the east coast, while Amazon's starts on the west coast. As a result, often if a publisher has set up a special priced for certain days, B&N's price will drop three hours (or a bit more, depending on when they actually run their daily update jobs on the servers) before Amazons.

On the other hand, it also means the sale often last three hours longer at Amazon, for those who find it late on the last day.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

That may be true. I got up early to walk my pups and found this. I ate breakfast and took a "nap" and I found the same thing for Amazon. I get my info from the luzme.com site that tracks ebook prices. You get an early notice when this occurs.