Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine

When British children, Jennifer and Timothy Goodhew visit their grandfather on the isle of St. Mary's over Christmas, they are surprised to find him missing. In his place they find a wily, old pirate captain, who has taken control of their grandfather's manor and its servants.

The captain puts the children to work—Timothy in the tumbledown graveyard at the end of the garden, and Jennifer within the manor itself. Naturally, the children are concerned about their missing grandfather and begin to investigate his disappearance.

In the course of their investigations, they discover that the garden surrounding the manor has become wildly overgrown. Furthermore, they are told that entrance to their grandfather's laboratory is strictly forbidden.

Undaunted, the children continue their investigations, and in so doing, discover a remarkable secret and a diabolical plot that will change their lives forever.

This novel will, in turn, warm your heart and send chills down your spine. It leads the reader on an unforgettable journey through an eerie manor, an overgrown garden, a tumbledown graveyard, and to a gripping conclusion. An adventure story and a mystery, it is a page-turner through and through—one that is enjoyed by children (ages 9 and up) and adults alike.

Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Re: The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine

I went and read the sample..........and immediately bought the book.  Now all I need is the fireplace and hot cocoa. I can not wait to get into the rest of the story tonight, I think it is going to be a very late reading night.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! :smileyhappy:

Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Throughly enjoyed, what an adventure. If you read out loud to your children this book is tailor made for that. My granddaughter is only 5 months old but I will be saving this to read for her. Hopefully with many more books from the author also by then. 

Loved the stove!!

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Best Regards,

Alex

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing my NOOKbook. I am very pleased with how well it has been selling!

This title will remain at 99¢ through the end of the year.

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone who bought this NOOKbook and made it reach #16 on Barnes and Noble's Best Selling list of NOOKbooks, in the Kids category for ages 9-12, over the holidays.

It will remain at 99¢ for a little while longer.

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Congratulations on the success of your book.

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thanks!
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thank you BarnesAndNoble.com for featuring this NOOKbook on the PubIt! eBookstore homepage!
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

500th copy sold. Thank you for your support!

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Video synopsis of the story:

http://everaftermachine.com/Author-Synopsis-For-The-Mysterious-Case-Of-Doctor-Octavius-Plums-Incredi...

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Only 99 cents for a limited time.

--

Here's a link to a video about what inspired the story:

http://www.everaftermachine.com/Where-do-authors-get-their-ideas-from-One-author-explains-his-inspir...