Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

Re: eBook Cover Art for Wheel of Time Books

[ Edited ]

Title: Halo: First Strike

Author: Eric Nylund

ISBN-13: 978-0765328342

There's an obvious problem with the page numbering. At the bottom of the reader it claimsh the book has over a thousand pages, when it really should only have I believe around 400. From what I can tell, it seems to be counting each page as multiple pages. It skips forward a few numbers with each page turn even if I have it set to display about the same amount of text on each page as would appear on a page of the printed book.

Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Title: Halo: The Thursday War

Author: Karen Traviss

ISBN-13: 978-0765333636

Title: Halo: Contact Harvest

Author: Joseph Staten

ISBN-13: 978-0765315694

Both have the same issue as the earlier Halo book I posted about. The page counts are more than twice as high as those of the printed editions. And again it appears that each page counts as two or three in some cases.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

Didact wrote:

Title: Halo: First Strike

Author: Eric Nylund

ISBN-13: 978-0765328342

There's an obvious problem with the page numbering. At the bottom of the reader it claimsh the book has over a thousand pages, when it really should only have I believe around 400. From what I can tell, it seems to be counting each page as multiple pages. It skips forward a few numbers with each page turn even if I have it set to display about the same amount of text on each page as would appear on a page of the printed book.

Basically the answer is this - page count in an eBook has NOTHING to do with page count in any physical edition of the book - they are unrelated.

Reader 2
rkjnsn
0 Kudos

Moby Dick (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) errors

Title: Moby Dick (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

ISBN: 9781411433656

Errors I've found so far (in decreasing severity):

In Chapter XXXVI: "The Quarter-Deck", about a page's worth of text ("thou gettest it, Captair Ahab?" through "Are they not one and all with Ahab, in this matter of the") does not appear at its proper location in the text, but is instead erroneously appended to footnote "cg".

In Chapter XL: "Midnight, Forcastle", the formating is supposed to resemble a play script. Instead, the name of the character speaking each line is formatted as a section header (with the sole exception of "MATE'S VOICE FROM THE QUARTER-DECK", which appears to be formatted (more) correctly as text.). This also results in each character's line being listed in the table of contents on my Nook Simple Touch, needlessly filling over 4 pages in the Chapter list.

In "THE WORLD OF HERMAN MELVILLE ANDMOBY-DICK", the formatting is a bit strangely. Also, the words "ANDMOBY" run together in the title.

Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

I've come to realize that, but it still seems very inconsistant from Nook book to Nook book.
Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Title: Batman: The Killing Joke ISBN: 9781401216672 Zoom View doesn't work in the Android Nook app. I don't think the publisher is responsible because it does work on my actual Nook device. And all my other Nook comics don't have this issue in the app.
Distinguished Correspondent
MDD73
0 Kudos

Adventures of Superman #2

Adventures of Superman #2 (2013-) (NOOK Comics)

by Jeff Lemire

• BN ID: 2940044454002
  • Publisher: DC Comics
  • Publication date: 5/6/2013

When I download it, Adventures of Superman #2 has the exact same content as:

Adventures of Superman #1 (2013-) (NOOK Comics)

by Jeff Parker & Chris Samnee

• BN ID: 2940044452893
  • Publisher: DC Comics
  • Publication date: 4/29/2013

Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

Re: Adventures of Superman #2

[ Edited ]
Invincible Iron Man - Volume 2: World's Most Wanted - Book 1 By Matt Fraction ISBN: 9780785134138 Publisher: Marvel Enterprises, Inc. Publication date: 11/11/2009 The cover art is for the wrong book. The cover B&N has attached to it belongs to Marvel Masterworks: The Invincible Iron Man - Volume 2, a collection of much older Iron Man comics by Stan Lee.
Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

So I've noticed nobody posts on this anymore. Is there a better way to report porblems now, or has everyone just given up on them ever getting anything fixed?

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

Given up.