flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

Re: The NOOKbook Correction Thread (Meta-data/Formatting)

[ Edited ]

Metadata issue with The Shattering by Christie Golden.

World of Warcraft 

The book title is listed as simply "Warcraft" on the library on my nook. Same thing seems to happen with a lot of series books.

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Metadata issue - I'm anal about proper title. 

Stand    It's not "Stand". It's "THE Stand". 

Yeah, I notice that in a LOT of eBooks that anything that has italics tend to be mushed together with something of a normal font. 

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@flyingtoastr,

I would look to archive then unarchiving "World of Warcraft".  It looks fine on our end.

FYI.

New User
ralphieRU
0 Kudos

NOOKbook won't advance

[ Edited ]

Reading a book "Scarecrow" and when reached around page 180 or so the nook sent me back to home page, now when I go into the book to look takes me to page 176 but when I try to advance page says 'Opening book' and takes me to nook home page again. How do I finish the book.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKbook won't advance

[ Edited ]

Archive the book.

Then move the selection to some other book in your B&N library.

Then check for new B&N content, and the problem book should disappear into your archive.

Then scroll the selections on the touch screen down and select "Show Archived items"

Select the book and download it again.

Also try a different font size sometimes works.

New User
ralphieRU
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It still does the same thing, when I open the book it goes to page 176 (where I started reading last), the lower screen does not come up but it just goes back to the library page again, is there something wrong with the book, Matthew Reilly - Scarecrow.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Its entirely possible (likely even) that the book has a problem.

You say that "the lower screen does not come up"??   How is that possible.

I've never been able to open any book and have the lower screen be black. It always lights up.

Can you select go to, and step to page 180 ?

If archive / unarchive trick does not work, try using your computer to drag it to My documents on the nook.

But you can also call CS and they will see if they can get you a fixed copy of the book.  

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@ralphieRU,

I moved this over to this board because it appears to be an issue with the eBook itself although I could not duplicate it on my end.  With the understanding that you followed icebike's advice, try this (but do not skip a step)...

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the eBook (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Once this update is completed,at this point, power down your NOOK by holding the power button down for about 20 seconds so that your NOOK powers off. Then hold the power button for about 2-4 seconds and allow your NOOK to fully boot up. 

Then you want to Unarchive the eBook in order to re-download the content

1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the eBook you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cutting for Stone ISBN: 030727134X

Throughout the book apostrophes are missing in contractions.  shed for she'd,  well for we'll, etc.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@All,

Everything from this point has been forwarded and reported for corrections.

If you continue to find other eBooks that need corrections please continue to do so on this thread.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@ralphieRU,

Has your issue been resolved?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: cover art, The Devil in Winter

@wordsandmelodi…,

Can you send me via Private Message the order number for when you purchased that eBook?

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Re: cover art, The Devil in Winter

Pleased to report that cover art is available for Devil in Winter :~)

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Reply:NOOKbook Correction Thread

[ Edited ]

Bought all three e-books on the same day

Page numbers of the e-books are incorrect

Desperate Choices by Kathy Ivan

ISBN: 1426890613

The book shows the number of pages being 481 but the book is really supposed to be about 190 pages or so (I think)

Example of the incorrect page numbering: 1,2,4,7,9,16,23,31,36,43... and so on

The example of the incorrect page numbering is really suppose to be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 but it shows the wrong page numbers. And its the same incorrect page numbering in the following books The Sevenfold Spell and Mercy.

Desperate Choices

The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt

ISBN: 1426890605

The book shows the number of pages being 204 but the book is supposed to be shorter

Example of the page numbering: 1,2,4,7,8,10,13,20,28,35,42,51... and so on

The Sevenfold Spell  

Mercy by Eleri Stone

ISBN: 1426890559

The book shows the number of pages being 259 but the book is supposed to be shorter

Example of the page numbering: 1,2,4,7,8,11,18,27,29,36,44,52,60,68... and so on

Mercy

Still going to read the e-books even though the page numbering is wrong 

:smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
ankala
0 Kudos

missing Cover shows as blank page in The Gathering Storm

[ Edited ]

Although it will show the tiny cover in the display covers function, when you open the ebook The Gathering Storm (Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson), and GO TO Cover, you get a blank page.

It would be great if the ebook could be redone with the artwork instead of a blank page!

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Re: title inconsistencies in Mike Shepherd's "Kris Longknife" series

I'll start off by admitting that the titles are a bit weird in Mike Shepherd's "Kris Longknife" series, and I'll cheerfully blame him for any confusion.  The covers are always printed "Kris Longknife ________", with the last word all in capitals.  For example, the first three are "Kris Longknife MUTINEER", "Kris Longknife DESERTER", "Kris Longknife DEFIANT", etc. 

The urge, of course, is either to add punctuation, or to only title it by the third, varying word.  Shepherd, on his website, usually refers to it by the third word, or by the whole title, with a -- in between.  B&N seems to vary on the site between using the last word (Mutineer, Deserter, Intrepid) and using the whole title with a colon (Kris Longknife : Redoubtable).  And, just to keep you guessing, the same book seems to be available, just titled both ways.  On my NOOK, most of mine are single word titles, with the series in parentheses; however, I also have Kris Longknife Undaunted, with no punctuation at all.

At this point, I don't much care which system B&N adopts (Mutineer; Kris Longknife -- Mutineer; Kris Longknife : Mutineer; Kris Longnife Mutineer), but could his books (and all his future ones) have a consistent title scheme?

Thanks!

Correspondent
sharno22
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Please replace missing cover art for:

Bake Sale Murder by Leslie Meier ISBN-13-9780758253767

Thanks!!

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies

[ Edited ]

A thought:

I appreciate that you're posting here or emailing us when things are fixed.  However, that doesn't address the other thousands of people who have downloaded books and don't realize that there is a new, corrected version available.  Could it be possible in the future to have some way of alerting people that there is a new version to download?  Or an automatic download?

Contributor
MsRayne
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Enchanting the Lady  

• There are formatting errors in this ebook. Some of the words are not properly space and end up combined.  There are too many pages to list here, since it happens throughout the ethier book.
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Re: Deadline ISBN-13: 9780307562623

Deadline by Randy Alcorn   ISBN-13: 9780307562623

Text size and type cannot be changed. 

Attempts to change the font or size result in the pop-up which states that the text is being changed; then the requested font and size are listed on the touch screen, but the font and size remain the same--Amais, small (I think).