Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Food Rules - Michael Pollan

@AikiPen,

Can you supply at least one page where this is occurring?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

All confirmed NOOKbook issues have been reported.  Please continue your postings.

bwg
Inspired Contributor
bwg
0 Kudos

Re: Reply:NOOKbook Correction Thread

[ Edited ]

Doug_Pardee wrote:

Are you sure that the problematic file on your NOOK is PDB? B&N hasn't supplied PDB files to NOOKs for many months. I'm thinking maybe you're using a Mac, and when you download the e-book from B&N you get a PDB. But only Mac and Blackberry get PDBs; NOOK devices and all of the NOOK-branded apps get EPUBs.

Your description sounds exactly like this. On your NOOK you'd have a funky EPUB with a bunch of markup (probably CSS-2) that's messing up Adobe's page counting. When you download to your Mac you get an eReader PDB which doesn't have that because eReader markup is totally different from EPUB. Then you convert the PDB to EPUB, and Calibre creates a fairly clean EPUB.

Double-check the file in the 'my B&N library' folder on your NOOK. It's probably an EPUB.

Sorry, Doug.  I honestly had *no* idea that the wireless delivery was a different format than the download delivery format.  I am on Mac, so my downloads are PDB, but the Nook says ePUB.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Reply: NOOKbook Correction Thread

[ Edited ]

bwg wrote:

Sorry, Doug.  I honestly had *no* idea that the wireless delivery was a different format than the download delivery format.  I am on Mac, so my downloads are PDB, but the Nook says ePUB.

No problem. It's a confusing situation.

Contributor
ankala
0 Kudos

Re: missing Cover shows as blank page in The Gathering Storm

Hello Michael V,

I have copied it from my BN library. See below, and THANK YOU for your response.

I will check back in a day or two if you might post again on this issue?

Ankala

==========================================

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time Series #12)

Product Details

• Pub. Date: October 2009
  • Publisher: Doherty, Tom Associates, LLC
  • Sold By: ST MARTINS / MPS
  • Format: NOOKbook (eBook) , 784pp
  • Sales Rank: 322

==========================================

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: The NOOKbook Correction Thread (Meta-data/Formatting)

@CyborgQueen.

Received feedback that the errors have been corrected on this NOOKbook.

Under the Dome 

To access the corrected version, please do the following steps...

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the eBook (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the eBook in order to re-download the content

1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the eBook you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

You should now have access to that eBook.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@ankala,

This is a case where not all NOOKbooks contain covers being that publishers do not have the rights for the cover in eBook format.

Frequent Contributor
Starearedkid
0 Kudos

Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark; ISBN #0743206185; publisher Simon and Schuster

Pages: 85-88 (This is an older book on my nook and is in pdb) is in italics and many many of the words run together and have spacing issues. (example: We'll talkabou t payment later.)"

Thank you.

Jordyn

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

B&N Classic - Pride and Prejudice - Can't access endnotes

I can't access the endnotes in the version of Pride and Prejudice that came with my Nook (B&N Classic version).  I'm assuming this is an issue with the ebook itself since I don't have any problems with endnotes in other books.  Is this a problem with this ebook in general or is my copy bad?  I tried archiving and unarchiving, but that didn't help.  The book is one of the few pdb formats that I have.  Perhaps that is the cause, but then I would suppose everyone would have the same issue.

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@CyborgQueen.

Received feedback that the errors have been corrected on this NOOKbook.

Under the Dome 

Thanks!  There's still some small errors, and I've bookmarked them as I am reading. Will update the list soon.  Saw that there's no more 'tburn' wooooot! glad I can do something! :-)

BTW - when will "The Stand" fix the title??? 

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: B&N Classic - Pride and Prejudice - Can't access endnotes

@tmr4,

Try this...

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the eBook (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".

Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the eBook in order to re-download the content

2. Navigate to and Highlight the eBook you want to download (it should be grayed out).

Can you view the Endnotes now..?

TML
Reader 4
TML

I have noticed many different books from the SF and Fantasy genres which have a "shared universe" in the title ("Forgotten Realms", "World of Warcraft") appear in my nook with just the shared universe as the book's complete title. This makes it pretty hard to find the "Forgotten Realms" book I want to read, as all 12 of them are named "Forgotten Realms", and most of them are by a common author. In many cases, I would argue you could drop the "universe" portion from the title entirely, although publishers might have some branding concerns about that :smileyhappy:

Title (according to nook): Forgotten Realms
ISBN / Disambiguated title: 9780786954179 ("Forgotten Realms: The Ghost King"); 9780786952656 ("Forgotten Realms: The Pirate King"); 9780786952649 ("Forgotten Realms: The Orc King"); 9780786954018 ("Forgotten Realms: Homeland")

Title (according to nook): World of Warcraft
ISBN ("Disambiguated title"): 9781439171431 ("World of Warcraft: The Shattering"); 9781439159385 ("World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King")

Title (according to nook): Dragonlance
ISBN ("Disambiguated title"): 9780786954452 ("Dragonlance: Dragons of the Highlord Skies"); 9780786954445 ("Dragonlance: Dragons of the Dwarven Depths")

I had actually typed a bunch more, but it took so long to track them down and type them into the box that I got logged out, giving me an error when I posted the form, and my input was lost - and I just don't have the heart right now to type the whole thing again. Suffice to say, most of the books

Correspondent
sharno22
0 Kudos

Problem with missing cover art for "Bake Sale Murder" by Leslie Meier has been corrected. Cover art is now available. Thank You!!!!

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@tmr4,

Try this...

On the NOOK,

Can you view the Endnotes now..?

Michael - I tried these steps several times, both prior to my post and again after your reply.  Each time my nook downloads the pdb version of pride and prejudice.  I know it is downloading a new copy of the ebook as I verified a new download was done by browsing "my B&N downloads" on the nook drive on my PC.  The pdb version is downloaded each time (with a new date/time stamp). 

The pdb version is the problem in accessing the endnotes.  I downloaded the epub copy of the ebook from my online B&N "My Nook Library" account and sideloaded it and I have access to the endnotes just fine.  I guess I'll just use that copy from "My Documents", though it would be nice to have all of my Jane Austen books together in "My B&N Library".

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Re: No cover art -My Soul to Take by Yrsa Sigurdardottir

Daughter of Darkness  

Epilogue of book is the exact duplicate of the last chapter.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@sharno22,

You're welcome!

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@tmr4,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved.

Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Michael - you asked if I could supply at least one example.

Unfortunately I can't. I was reading in store deciding whether or not to purchase the book. The errors were so numerous and disruptive to the reading flow that I did not purchase the book.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@AikiPen,

I appreciate your efforts although we couldn't find errors on our end.  It would be greatly appreciated, if you have the opportunity to try it again and just mark down a specific page and type of error.

Contributor
slow_reader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sacajawea by Anna L. Waldo

ISBN - 9780062035912

It is in PDB format rather than the more functional EPUB format.

I thought NookBooks came in EPUB format.

FYI I purchased this book today when it was first released.