Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

Re: The NOOKbook Correction Thread (Meta-data/Formatting)

The cover for "A Prince Among Frogs" by E. D. Baker is too large to display on anything except the PC. It's over 700K. Nook and NOOKcolor just show a blank page.

Contributor
TinaMI
0 Kudos

Cover art thumbnail does not display properly. Any suggestions?

Recently I purchased a kids' book from the B&N store.... The Berenstain Bears meet Santa Bear. The book itself looks great, but only half of the cover art thumbnail shows up. The thumbnail is a square, the top half displays properly while the bottom half is only black. It looks like it only loaded half and then got stuck.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Cover art thumbnail does not display properly. Any suggestions?

@TinaMI,

Regarding "The Berenstain Bears meet Santa Bear" I would advise you archive then unarchive the NOOKbook.  Try this...

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical in order to re-download the content

1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Please let me know if this fixed the issue...

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@lisat96,

Regarding "A Prince Among Frogs" I would also advise the Archiving and Unarchiving instructions I posted above.

Please let me know if this helped.

Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@lisat96,

Regarding "A Prince Among Frogs" I would also advise the Archiving and Unarchiving instructions I posted above.

Please let me know if this helped.

No, the cover still doesn't display on the first page of the book.  I noticed something else in the file. It says XML 1.1 in the OPF file instead of XML 1.0, So possibly it's a formatting issue instead of the cover size.  It does display in the cover flow, but from what I've read, that doesn't come from the epub, it comes from extra data that gets downloaded along with the epub.

Contributor
Miss_Moneypenny_1953
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

NOOKbook: Christmas Carol, The Chimes, & The Cricket on the Hearth (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

ISBN: 141143191X

Firstly, I'd like to extend my appreciation in promptly correcting the previous post's errors. Secondly, it has come to my attention that many illustrations regarding this NOOKbook are either improperly formatted or appear improperly scanned. 

Seemingly faint illustrations (unless the original, old source materials match)

pg. 42-hard to make out Marley's appearance

pg. 45

Bottom images cropped; need reformatting as follows:

pg. 80

pg. 115

pg. 122

pg. 124

pg. 138

pg. 140

pg. 152

pg. 154

pg. 158

pg. 173

pg. 176

pg. 180

pg. 199

pg. 224

pg. 249

Reader 2
Artisttia
0 Kudos

I had contacted via e-mail several corrections for my Zondervan NIV Red Line Addition Study Bible. The first time the one problem was corrected. However, now they have made more errors with the corrections and I have whole passages of scriptures missing. I've been told by B&N to contact Zondervan myself. If I bought a defective book in your store I could return it I don't understand why I can be given a gift certificate for the amt of the purchase of the e-book and in the store presence permanently delete off the poorly edited edition of the Bible.  I'm even willing to buy another Zondervan Bible but I want one that is correct. I'm just tired of problems with my actual NOOK which required a hour of tech support to the Philippines, an hour of time of exchanging a Nook which in turn turn into having to return that one two for defects  , a shipment from B&N regarding accessories for my nook in which they shipped me a text book  on Finances, of all things, plus all sorts of problems with my Bible. To say I'm frustrated is to say the least. I want a refund of my Zondervan Bible. I think with all the hassle it is the least B&N can do.

New User
eclipse23
0 Kudos

This ebook has a TON of w ords  th at  sep erat e.  Do i have the option of returning this ebook considering that as someone who already wears glasses I find this very hard to read and if it was a hardcover I would have returned it the same day. Overview - Self-Esteem

Product Details

• Pub. Date: May 2009
  • Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
  • Sold By: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: NOOKbook (eBook)
  • Sales Rank: 36,085
New User
dirkins76
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Have any corrections for "The Last Sacrifice" (Vampire Academy series, #6) been posted yet? It's impossible to read with all the question marks instead of quotes and apostrophes. When I called "customer service" about it I was basically told tough luck, and I'd get no refund for it because it was a publisher issue, and was given no other options. I'm kind of dumbfounded by that terrible level of service. 

Correspondent
draksig
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Serpent Mage (Deathgate cycle #4) by Weis & Hickman.

it is missing the cover.  The other 6 books in this series all have the covers so it should not be a rights issue.

In the same series:

Dragon Wing (Deathgate cycle #1)

the publisher really needs to re-proof this one from beginning to end.  It is riddled with mispellings, looks like OCR errors.  One example, clark becomes dark.  Too many instances to list here.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Artisttia,

Can you please supply the EAN and specific page numbers where you are finding these errors so that I can report from my end..?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@dirkins76,

Can you please supply EAN and specific page numbers with sentences so that I can report from my end...?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@draksig,

For Dragon Wing (Deathgate cycle #1)

Please try Archiving/unarchiving as per steps below and confirm if this solves the issue...

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical in order to re-download the content

1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

You should now have access to that NOOKbook or NOOKperiodical..

Contributor
StephieJo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Another correction for NOOKbook: Christmas Carol, The Chimes, & The Cricket on the Hearth (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

There also appears to be text missing - in the middle of page 35, the text reads

"Scrooge and Marley' I believe," said on of the gentlement, reThe

mirth-wringles left the listeners' faces, and they waiting with parting

lips.

It was a couple of pages before we find Scrooge again. 

I didn't read further, so am not sure if there are more exclusions from the text.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

City of Bones by Michael Connelly is missing cover art, including on the web site.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@StephieJo,

Please archive then unarchive NOOKbook: Christmas Carol, The Chimes, & The Cricket on the Hearth (Barnes & Noble Classics Series). 

Contributor
Catski23
0 Kudos

Unable to download the sample of Adam Langer's book Ellington Boulevard. Repeated  message reads "Unable to complete operation." Thanks for any possible help.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

The Synopsis on the Overview tab for Valeria's Cross (ISBN 9781426715587) is incorrect. The Editorial Reviews tab appears to be accurate.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Girls to the Rescue #1 (paperback, ISBN 9780671899790) is not linked to Girls to the Rescue Book #1 (NOOKbook, ISBN 9781442418615), and vice versa.

Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000
0 Kudos

The link says that the author is Rudy Rucker but the title on the cover says Jenna Black.

Remedial Magic