Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

The Night Angel Trilogy question

[ Edited ]

I nearly bought it, but from the sample, it looks like Barnes & Noble just stuck all three books together into one ebook rather than providing the actual digital version of the print release of the omnibus. It doesn't look like it has any of the bonus content that the print version and the Kindle version have. Anyone know if this is the case? I was already a little put off by the price. Amazon sells the paperback for significantly less.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

Re: The Night Angel Trilogy question

Didact wrote:

I nearly bought it, but from the sample, it looks like Barnes & Noble just stuck all three books together into one ebook rather than providing the actual digital version of the print release of the omnibus. It doesn't look like it has any of the bonus content that the print version and the Kindle version have. Anyone know if this is the case? I was already a little put off by the price. Amazon sells the paperback for significantly less.

To correct a couple of misconceptions you might have:

1) When you buy an eBook bundle you receive 1 book with all the bundled content in the single file. Not a separate file for each book in the bundle.

2) Barnes & Noble does not create the eBook bundle. The Bundles book comes from the publisher that way.

3) If the kindle version of the book includes "bonus content" then the Nook (ePub) version probably (but not necessarily) does as well. If the kindle version has content that the ePub version does not, then this was a publisher decision (and a very stupid one IMHO).

Frequent Contributor
Didact

[ Edited ]

What I mean is the Nook version appears to merely be a bundle with the three previously published e-books in one file. The Kindle version appears to be the digital version of the single volume omnibus edition published this year. Only the single volume release has the bonus material at the end.

EDIT: Nevermind. I now know that this is indeed the case. While it may not be Barnes & Noble's fault that they don't have the newer e-book, I do take issue them with advertising this one as something it's not.

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC

@Didact:

Exactly how did B&N advertise the NOOKbook as something it's not?  I purchased the Night Angel Trilogy for my NOOK some time ago and received exactly what I expected:  the three books in a single file.

Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

They sell it on the product page for the single volume omnibus, which is a different publishing of the trilogy that includes content this simple bundling of the three books does not. This is basically the e-book version of the boxed set, so it would make more sense if the Nook version was on the page for that.