Distinguished Wordsmith
spec
0 Kudos

Re: The Official OT Free NOOKbook summary thread

LM44 wrote:

Hi all,

The last ebooks I listed I only provided the links, no image. 

When I click 'Add Product', do a search and attempt to click

on 'add image and link', the buttons are there for only a second

and then dissappear leaving only the image on the left.

Just curious if this happens to anyone else.

I'm using IE9. I'm going to try another browser next time.

I have no problems like that. using firefox. i'm searching by isbn13.

Correspondent
barry2B
0 Kudos

spec wrote:

LM44 wrote:

Hi all,

I find that when it happens to me, if I go to a full window (rather than the pop-up) I can then see the buttons. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes the spacing is pretty far over.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005

LM44 wrote:

There should be a scrollbar at the bottom of the pop-up window. Scroll over to the buttons on the right.

Inspired Wordsmith
LM44
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks Doug, Barry, and Spec for the information.

I'll try that. That's probably what it is. Not scrolling over.

Doug_Pardee

Scargill Cove Case Files

It should be noted that this freebie (Scargill Cove Case Files) is not a novel, and not even a short-story in any usual sense of the word. If you're not already a confirmed reader of the series, it might be worth your time to read the reviews. People who have been reading the series generally found it to be interesting filler, while the others mainly found it frustrating and pointless.

The page-count (352) that shows on the NOOK Book page is actually the page count for the hardcover of Copper Beach. This e-book has some teaser chapters for Copper Beach.

Reader 4
JennJenn81
0 Kudos

How to Make Feeds Work? Using Google Reader

Hello!

I can't seem to figure out how to make my feeds work to show when a new post is made on "Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT" thread. I use Google Reader, and I have tried to use the RSS "Subscribe" button at the top of the thread, which makes an RSS subscription in IE; I have tried to directly paste the link http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/rss/board?board.id=eBooks into my Google Reader subscription settings, but I can't figure out how to make it only show the Free NookBook thread. Does anyone else use a feed reader to keep up-to-date with the freebies? Has anyone else figured out how to achieve this? I would like to be able to see when just that thread is updated so I don't miss out on any good ones! :smileyhappy:

Thanks so much for any help.

JD

Inspired Wordsmith
LM44

Just to let everyone know...

One of the books I listed: "The Art of Asking: Ask better questions, get better answers"

There are two, One is free the other is not. Each has a different ISBN number. I provided

the right link so you shouldn't have a problem. But if one searches for this book the one

that costs $9.99 will pop up.

Scribe
lkmiller

Re: Dare to Die

mousetater wrote: TarHeelGirl00 wrote: @Mousetater I just shut my NT completely down and when I cut it back on, "Dare to Die" worked fine. Hope this works for you as well. Tried that, too, but it didn't help. I have the original NOOK. I'll play with it again today and see what happens. At least I know I am not the only one with the problem. I just deleted the book from my library. Then I rebooted the NOOK. Then I "re-purchased" this free ebook. And it still doesn't work. I wonder if this is specifc to the original NOOK. -------- I'm having the same problem on my nookcolor. It won't open at all in the nook app on my android tablet.
Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

@lkmiller

Thanks for moving this to the correct thread!  I realize now my response should have been posted here. 

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It downloaded properly to the NOOK app on my Android smart phone.  I'm still trying to complete the download to my original N1E; once it finishes downloading, I'll open it and report back on whether the problem is the N1E in general.

Edit:  It took a while to finally download to my N1E, but once it did, it opened with no trouble and no blank pages.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

Looks like they fixed whatever was wrong. After archiving, unarchiving, and redownloading, I can view it on all my devices: nook 1e, nookcolor, nook st, and nook android app.

Frequent Contributor
bga_reviews
0 Kudos

Ruth Nordin Smashword Freebies

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why Beautiful Chaotic posted to a link to a non-ebook, expecting people to click on the author and then search through her books to find the freebies, which didn't even show up on the first page for me until I switched to order by price. I can't quite tell if scotta316 is also Beautiful Chaotic, or just that scotta316 figured it out.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

Dilemma

I have a free book to post, it's by a small publishing house but distributed through Smashwords in the B&N catalog.

I can't seem to find the Smashwords thread, should I include in the regular freebies thread?

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Correspondent
javabird

Re: Dilemma

Desert_Brat wrote:

I have a free book to post, it's by a small publishing house but distributed through Smashwords in the B&N catalog.

I can't seem to find the Smashwords thread, should I include in the regular freebies thread?

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Smashwords-freebies-worth-considering/td...

It would be nice to keep that thread alive. Thanks for asking.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Thank you javabird for the link.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1

Just giving this a bump since I'm seing a lot of OT posts in the no OT thread.  Looks like a lot of newer users who probably aren't aware of this thread.

I did have to "purchase" the cookbook twice before it would download.

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

Lots of free religious titles

[ Edited ]

Nook owners who read free titles from the religious publishers must have a boatload of books stored on their devices.

Do any of you care to let us know how many books are in your Nook library?

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

Re: Lots of free religious titles

I don't read the religious titles, but I can say that I have 1042 books in my NOOK library (a few of which were free religious titles which I thought I might be interested in some day).

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

LM44 wrote:

Hi all,

I've had this same problem a few times in the last coupdl of weeks,  but lately it seems to be working better -- I'm using a Mac and found the same problem in either Safari or Firefox.

Doug_Pardee
0 Kudos

javabird wrote:

LM44 wrote:

Hi all,

I've had this same problem a few times in the last coupdl of weeks,  but lately it seems to be working better -- I'm using a Mac and found the same problem in either Safari or Firefox.

Scroll to the right. The buttons are over there.