Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

The Summoner: A debut mystery/thriller with a hint of the occult . . .

Hi all: please check out my new $2.99 Ebook The Summoner at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35

The premise:

A United States diplomat disappears in front of hundreds of onlookers while attending a religious ceremony in the bushveld of Zimbabwe. 

Dominic Grey, Diplomatic Security special agent, product of a violent childhood and a worn passport, is assigned to investigate.  Aiding the investigation is Professor Viktor Radek, religious phenomenologist and expert on cults, and Nya Mashumba, the local government liaison. 

What Grey uncovers is a terrifying cult older than Western civilization, the harsh underbelly of a country in despair, a demagogic priest seemingly able to perform impossibilities, and the identity of the newest target. 

Himself.      

The first work in a globe-hopping series whose protagonists investigate the world’s most bizarre and dangerous cults, The Summoner is a stylish, haunting novel of mystery and suspense that will linger long after the last page is turned.  95,000 words.    

“Green writes like a dream. Dominic Grey is a fascinating protagonist, and his quest for justice in the heart of a troubled African city gripped me from start to finish. The Summoner also beautifully captures Zimbabwe's diverse and conflicting landscapes — both urban and rural, ancient and modern. The result is a fast-paced and searing narrative that offers a glimpse into a world of religion, politics, and culture few could imagine. The next installment of Green's suspenseful storytelling and Grey’s next journey can’t come soon enough!”

—  Melody Moezzi, author, War on Error

“Layton Green has written a tale with supernatural and political undertones that unravels with ever increasing suspense . . .  The book is plain terrific.”

—    Richard Marek, former President and Publisher of E.P. Dutton

Layton Green, Author of The Summoner

A religious phenomenologist, a Diplomatic Security Agent and their local liaison investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35
Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

Introducing a new suspense series investigating the world's most dangerous cults . . .

The Summoner by Layton Green, Book One of the Dominic Grey Novels, Now Available!

The Summoner Product Description

A United States diplomat disappears in front of hundreds of onlookers while attending a religious ceremony in the bushveld of Zimbabwe. 

Dominic Grey, Diplomatic Security special agent, product of a violent childhood and a worn passport, is assigned to investigate.  Aiding the investigation is Professor Viktor Radek, religious phenomenologist and expert on cults, and Nya Mashumba, the local government liaison. 

What Grey uncovers is a terrifying cult older than Western civilization, the harsh underbelly of a country in despair, a demagogic priest seemingly able to perform impossibilities, and the identity of the newest target. 

Himself.      

The first work in a globe-hopping series whose protagonists investigate the world’s most bizarre and dangerous cults, The Summoner is a stylish, haunting novel of mystery and suspense that will linger long after the last page is turned.  95,000 words.    

“Green writes like a dream. Dominic Grey is a fascinating protagonist, and his quest for justice in the heart of a troubled African city gripped me from start to finish. The Summoner also beautifully captures Zimbabwe's diverse and conflicting landscapes — both urban and rural, ancient and modern. The result is a fast-paced and searing narrative that offers a glimpse into a world of religion, politics, and culture few could imagine. The next installment of Green's suspenseful storytelling and Grey’s next journey can’t come soon enough!”

—  Melody Moezzi, award-winning author, War on Error

“Layton Green has written a tale with supernatural and political undertones that unravels with ever increasing suspense . . .  The book is plain terrific.”

—    Richard Marek, former President and Publisher of E.P. Dutton

A religious phenomenologist, a Diplomatic Security Agent and their local liaison investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Re: Introducing a new suspense series investigating the world's most dangerous cults . . .

Thank you, I picked this up. Keep us posted when the next one comes out. 

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

Re: Introducing a new suspense series investigating the world's most dangerous cults . . .

Thanks!  And I will.  If you'd like to visit the website or send me an email (laytongreen@gmail.com), I'll add you to my mailing list.

Best,

Layton