Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

The Usurper by Cliff Ball

Hi all

I wanted to introduce my novel Usurper, an action/adventure political thriller, which is $2.99 on Nook. I've had pretty good reviews for it over on the other online store, and has been in the top 100 thrillers over there a few times. It was on the Frugal eReader this week, has been mentioned with other author's on JA Konrath's blog, on Bargain eBooks, been a Kindleboards.com Book of the Day, Spalding's Racket Indie blog, and Kindle Author blog, to name a couple.  If you're looking for something to read, or a gift for Christmas, please check this out.

What it's about:

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA, even if he was destroyed himself? The Usurper is that novel. It is a fictional account of what would happen if the Soviet Union and KGB were given the chance to take down the United States from within. They use the American political system, education system, terrorism, and commit environmental disasters to achieve these goals.

The Soviet Union and the KGB refuse to let the purging of communists in the United States as awhole by Senator Joe McCarthy, and the House Un-American Activities Committee, deter them. Soviet Premier Khrushchev authorizes the KGB to embark on an ambitious, decades long plan to destroy the United States from within through the corruption of American politicians, the American education system, terrorism, and environmental disasters. Gary Jackson, the main character, is the fulfillment of the KGB plan to destroy the United States from within. They raise him from birth to hate everything about the United States, indoctrinate him, and introduce him to terrorists across the world, where the KGB dictates all terrorist attacks. When Gary is a teenager, he is sent to the United States to assimilate and begin his mission. Nothing will deter his goals of completely and utterly destroying the United States.

When the Soviet Union dissolves, he is given a choice, and he decides to continue with the mission. A terrorist organization ends up filling in the gap left by the absent KGB, and they, together with Gary, conspire to destroy everyone in the United States who doesn't agree with them.

I also have Out of Time  which is a time travel novella going for $.99.

Thanks!

Cliff Ball

Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

Re: The Usurper by Cliff Ball

[ Edited ]

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Featured author on the Excuse Me, Miss blog. Check out the excerpt that's listed for The Usurper.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but what I just read sounded like a page out of the 9/11 attacks.

Am I missing something?

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nope, not missing anything. The Usurper is an alternate history political thriller that includes the 9/11 attacks in the novel, but instead of Flight 93 going down like it did in real life, this time it survives. A few of the survivors later on take on the "Usurper" in the novel, to try to stop his reign of terror. The Usurper overall is about what would happen if the Soviets used terrorist attacks, and other means to bring down the US, but, after the Soviet Union collapses, Al Qaeda takes up the role.

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Re: The Usurper by Cliff Ball - featured book on The Indie Spotlight 11-22

The Usurper is today's featured book on The Indie Spotlight  Check out the other excerpt I included for the novel.  Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

The Usurper is today's featured novel on The Frugal eReader: http://www.thefrugalereader.com/2010/12/presenting-todays-sponsor-cliff-ball.html  Check out the excerpt, and then check out the novel on B&N.

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Sounds like the current political and economic environment in the USA!  Our current government is full of communists already.  I may have to check it out.

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

That's pretty much what I was aiming for, KD

On Amazon it has 5 4 star reviews, and one of them also posted on B&N at the same time, if it helps anyone to consider it:

From Brian Knapp

Cliff weaves an interesting story with enough connections to real happenings in the world today that this book seems to be non-fiction.

Just when you think you know where the story line is going Cliff changes up on you. While some things are predictable others are not, which adds to the enjoyment of the book.

Some events catch you totally off guard. While it may seem to start slow stick with it, you will not be disappointed.

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Yesterday, The Usurper  was on the Kindle Nation Daily:

Tom Clancy meets The Manchurian Candidate in Cliff Ball's "The Usurper" (Today's Sponsor) http://bit.ly/e6Gzkc

Plus check out my new cover (paperback's cover is being fixed, but it will return on B&N)

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

Just bought your book.  Based on the reviews looks like something I will really enjoy.  I'll let you know !!  :smileyhappy:

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Re: The Usurper by Cliff Ball $.99 for one more week

This novel, along with my two other ones, are still on sale for $.99 until the end of next week. Check them out before they go back to their regular prices of $2.99.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

cebj25, this Gary Jackson is frightening!  I wish you much success with "The Usurper."  The title of the book alone sparks the interest to read the novel. 

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Thanks. I tried to make him as close as I could to someone we should fear becoming our President.