Frequent Contributor
Chicki663
0 Kudos

The results are in!

Shades of Romance Magazine readers voted me New Author of the Year and voted my contemporary romance, HAVE YOU SEEN HER? Fiction Book of the Year! http://bit.ly/rgijOT

You can find my books here: http://bit.ly/nX8fBn

Chicki Brown

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy

Re: The results are in!

More affiliate links?

Wordsmith
Sardonicus

[ Edited ]

beeyebickiebuy wrote:

More affiliate links?

:smileysurprised:What's the harm?

If she's making money, good for her. 

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Correspondent
MuseK

beeyebickiebuy wrote:

More affiliate links?

This seems like such a gray area. Here she is promoting her own work and has not hidden that this might be an affiliate link.
Inspired Correspondent
adm912
0 Kudos

@beeyebickiebuy: One link wasn't even to a B&N site, it was to a blog listing winners of the awards the author is talking about.

The second link was to an overall listing of her items. There was no affiliate tag added to that one.

Affiliate links have the word "AFFILIATES" in them. :smileyhappy: 

Correspondent
ShazInNV

Thanks for the heads up, Chicki. I'll take a look at those.

BTW, Bicklebuy and Musek, we ask authors to tell us about their books.  And using a service like tinyurl doesn't make the links affiliate links.  It just makes them shorter for posting.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

[ Edited ]

ShazInNV wrote:

BTW, Bicklebuy and Musek, we ask authors to tell us about their books.  And using a service like tinyurl doesn't make the links affiliate links.  It just makes them shorter for posting.

Speak for yourself.  Some may not be part of your "we."  

As for "shortening" links, I find it inappropriate.  I, personally, won't click on a link if I can see that someone has "tinyurl"ed it, or "bit.ly"ed.  God knows where you're actually clicking through to.

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

ShazInNV wrote:

Speak for yourself.  Some may not be part of your "we."  

As for "shortening" links, I find it inappropriate.  I, personally, won't click on a link if I can see that someone has "tinyurl"ed it, or "bit.ly"ed.  God knows where you're actually clicking through to.

My first post in this thread was a question not an indictment.

Ya_Ya gives excellent advice about clicking on obfuscated links.  I make a rule to never click on these as well.  Doing so will end up burning you eventually.