Reader 4
Reynanook
0 Kudos

The short second life of Bree Tanner

Hi! Does anyone know if this will be available as an ebook?

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: The short second life of Bree Tanner

Reynanook wrote:

Hi! Does anyone know if this will be available as an ebook?

Yes. It will go onsale the same day as the book. We should have ordering information up soon. Thanks.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Reynanook wrote:

Hi! Does anyone know if this will be available as an eBook?

I saw someone else mention on this board that not only will this be available as an eBook, but it will be a free download.

This is hearsay, so I might be wrong.

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

Reynanook wrote:

I saw someone else mention on this board that not only will this be available as an eBook, but it will be a free download.

I believe it will available to read online ar breetanner.com, but you won't be able to download it.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Paul_Hochman wrote:

LarryOnLI wrote:

Reynanook wrote:

I believe it will available to read online ar breetanner.com, but you won't be able to download it.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Frequent Contributor
JenRuiz
0 Kudos

keriflur
0 Kudos

And it is available for sale as an ebook... only it's $2.50 more than the hardcover. :smileysad:

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

And it is available for sale as an ebook... only it's $2.50 more than the hardcover. :smileysad:

When I originally pre-ordered if from B&N in print it was $8.25, it's now $8.55 print and $9.99 ebook.    Seeing this I think I might just cancel my pre-order for the print book and read it for free online when it comes out,  I hate to give money to a publisher that is pricing their ebooks at higher than their print versions.

Linda

keriflur
0 Kudos

If it is available to read entirely online and you really wanted to read it on your nook, you could create a PDF of the text from the online version (print to pdf) and read that on nook.  I *think* Calibre can convert from a PDF to an epub, but I'm not positive about it, and it might be kinda messy.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

I *think* Calibre can convert from a PDF to an epub, but I'm not positive about it, and it might be kinda messy.

Yeah, it's messy. I've been spending a lot of time in Sigil trying to clean up a PDF I had Calibre convert to EPUB.

The biggest grief I have is the headers and footers that are interspersed in the text. Calibre has an option to remove them during conversion, but that option's been broken for months. I'm still trying to find a version of Calibre old enough that the header/footer removal works.

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

If it is available to read entirely online ...

I do not believe it's even available to read in print yet.  It's publication date is still 2 months away (June 2010)

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
keriflur
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

keriflur wrote:

I *think* Calibre can convert from a PDF to an epub, but I'm not positive about it, and it might be kinda messy.

Yeah, it's messy. I've been spending a lot of time in Sigil trying to clean up a PDF I had Calibre convert to EPUB.

The biggest grief I have is the headers and footers that are interspersed in the text. Calibre has an option to remove them during conversion, but that option's been broken for months. I'm still trying to find a version of Calibre old enough that the header/footer removal works.

Yeah, I thought it might be challenging.

If the book is posted online as a scrolling screen of text rather than paginated, one could always copy the text and paste it into notepad or wordpad to create a .txt file, which is easier to convert in Calibre.  This is cumbersome if it's paginated though - at that point I'd probably just buy the HC or read it online.

keriflur
0 Kudos

SlaughterS wrote:

keriflur wrote:

If it is available to read entirely online ...

I do not believe it's even available to read in print yet.  It's publication date is still 2 months away (June 2010)

Yep.  I was referring to once it was available.