Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

This months free audiobook at downpour

I've gotten some wonderful free audiobooks from downpour dot com to date. They also send me an email every month letting me know which it is:

This month is Frankenstein by Mary Shelly.

The code to get it free is FRANKENFREE

www dot downpour dot com slash frankenstein-2

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: This months free audiobook at downpour

You don't have to be cute with the URL. B&N allows posting links. http://www.downpour.com/frankenstein-2
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

cute?...............Cute? It's been a long time since anyone called me cute but thank you. :smileyhappy:

I take precautions when I link to any site that also sells content as those links DO get taken down and usually pretty promptly. I pay attention to these things, I've been around awhile too. BN is usually  more lenient in the case of freebies, but I'd as soon not have to worry about it. Though a compliment is always appreciated.

Inspired Contributor
sflawguy1
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information cutie, I mean compulsive...

I'm wondering what you are using to listen to these.  I see their player is only for the Google App store for now.  I'd rather not mess with rooting or using an N2A card, or any of the other available options.  (For me, it's just not a good use of time.)

What I'd like to do is download from downpour in the M4B format and listen to it using the stock player, emusic, or some other player in the BN store.

What procedure are you using?

TIA,

Matt

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

sflawguy1 wrote:

Thanks for the information cutie, I mean compulsive...

I'm wondering what you are using to listen to these.  I see their player is only for the Google App store for now.  I'd rather not mess with rooting or using an N2A card, or any of the other available options.  (For me, it's just not a good use of time.)

What I'd like to do is download from downpour in the M4B format and listen to it using the stock player, emusic, or some other player in the BN store.

What procedure are you using?

TIA,

Matt

aw shucks Matt...:smileyhappy:

According to the website, you can download in MP3 or M4b format. Itunes will convert files from one format to another as well whether content is purchased from them or not . I've done that to put music on my generic mp3 player and to import non Itunes music onto my IPhone. I know MP3's work on the HD devices as I've listened to other books from downpour on mine before (and before the OD app was available). Without rooting or Gapps. The generic music player on the devices aren't the best, but it works. You should also be able to play them on the Overdrive app now that it is available since you can use that app on side loaded content as well as public library content. If you set up Downpour.com as a library in Overdrive, you should be able to download it directly into Overdrive. I'm saying you should be able to, but I can't say for sure. I've done that for non BN stores in the past and it worked fine.

I have had to use their app to download to my computer, but once there, it's a matter of drag and drop to the device.