Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Re: What are you eReading?

House of Seven Gables.  Ponderous so far.

Frequent Contributor
Saneless
0 Kudos

Bought David Cross's "I Drink For a Reason" as my first ebook. 

Other than that, just finished the Warded Man, and I'm about halfway through Replay

Frequent Contributor
Therinia
0 Kudos

I'm reading Lorelei James' Rough Riders series.  She's a great author who has a way with cowboys.  :smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Oh Boy, I see the third Stieg Larsson book is coming out in May.  So far, only hardcover.  I will be waiting for the ebook!

Contributor
jocjarmom
0 Kudos

I just finished "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory, and now I'm reading Douglas Preston's "The Monster of Florence", which is a fascinating read (so far).

Contributor
Blitsky
0 Kudos

Re: What Ebooks are you reading on your Nook?...

I find that using the ereader I am reading so much more because I have it with me everywhere.  I use my ipod, my blackberry and my Nook.  I always have one with me.

Right now I have Pirate Latitudes and U is for Undertow and I just downloaded Under the Dome.  

I am hoping Barnes and Noble can get all the problems with the Nook and the other eReaders straightened out soon.  That has been the only disappointment.

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

jocjarmom wrote:

I just finished "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory, and now I'm reading Douglas Preston's "The Monster of Florence", which is a fascinating read (so far).

How was "The White Queen"? I've been wanting to buy it  for a while.

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

Blitsky wrote:

I find that using the ereader I am reading so much more because I have it with me everywhere.  I use my ipod, my blackberry and my Nook.  I always have one with me.

I'm also reading more now that I have my Nook. I'm almost reading as much and as fast as I used to when I was a teenager. I'm also staying up late reading like I used to. Last night it was 4am and I was still reading :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
RaAusar
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

jerrysliljess wrote:

I'm normally a sci-fi and mystery reader but I'm starting to like Nora Roberts.  I read on a free ebook program for my computer, "Vision of White" and I loved it (I didn't love reading it on my computer though).  I bought "Bed of Roses" and I'm waiting until I get my Nook.  I'll probably first find some stuff that are free and purchase more books of my liking. 

If you like Nora's work, check out what she does as J.D. Robb!  I love all her books (under either name) but the "In Death" series by Robb is my favorite.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

lilio wrote:

Love Nora Roberts and books under her pen name, JD Robb.  Her heroines are always so strong, not wimpy like other authors I have read (briefly).

I would like Roarke for my Christmas present next year please!

Contributor
JBNH
0 Kudos

I'm reading the Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons.  It's hilarious.  I really love it.  It's also 740 pages so it's kept me busy for awhile.

Reader 4
chicagochick
0 Kudos

Reading The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. Great read.

Contributor
nookynooky
0 Kudos

My husband, who gave me my nook for my B-Day (and I think is now jealous), told me today I've turned into an "Egg Head" since getting my new device and I've been reading so much.  Quite funny, since I've used it to escape my life of upper-middle class "propriety", to read about my favorite subjects... non-fiction-  involving dysfunctional families, crime, scandal and really trashy people!

Am I the only one who reads twice as fast on this thing?  I'm burning through books like crazy! 

New User
LAEdwards
0 Kudos

Currently reading: New York by Edward Rutherfurd

Next up: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

Finished reading: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Contributor
cindy_in_va
0 Kudos

The first book I purchased and read was Same Kind of Different as Me. It took me awhile to get into it, but about halfway through I was hooked. Contains some very wise words and is a powerful story of breaking down the walls of prejudice. I'd highly recommend it.

I've read a couple others on the B&N freebie list including: Snowbound and Hide in Plain Sight. They were both good reads during Christmas vacation.

I'm currently reading In His Steps by Charles Sheldon and Chance's Return by Lucy Naylor Kubash. However, the latter is giving me difficulty as I can't get past chapter 2 (I've sent a message to customer service).

I appreciate hearing what others are reading. Thanks.

Contributor
Eiknit
0 Kudos

I'm reading Redeeming Love. It's fabulous!!

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

I don't remember if I already posted this, but I finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and now I'm reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

Frequent Contributor
relekais
0 Kudos

Awaiting the Fire by Donna Lea Simpson

Frequent Contributor
KaufmanGirl
0 Kudos

Just got through reading Maximum Ride by James Patterson.  And are now reading Albert Payson Terhune's book Further Adventures of Lad. Great book!! Now I can keep my Lad books safe and still read them!

:smileyvery-happy: