Contributor
nagako
0 Kudos

What happened to the "tell publisher you want this book in nookbook format" button?

I can't find the "tell publisher you want this book in nookbook format" button on the new website. I'm not really sure if people check the requests but I like to have the option to let someone know I want a certain book in nookbook format. 

Inspired Wordsmith
sirwillard
0 Kudos

Re: What happened to the "tell publisher you want this book in nookbook format" button?

There's a link that says "Tell the publisher you want this in NOOKbook format" on the books I've checked. It's not a button, just a link.

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/wekempf
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: What happened to the "tell publisher you want this book in nookbook format" button?

nagako wrote:

I can't find the "tell publisher you want this book in nookbook format" button on the new website. I'm not really sure if people check the requests but I like to have the option to let someone know I want a certain book in nookbook format. 

There's another thread on this somewhere, not sure, but from what I remember, it's something to do with some specific browsers or browser versions.  I know I can see them with Google Chrome, but others were reporting the issue, the new forum manager, Sam, is aware of it.  You might check the Ask the Community Manager threads, that might have been where I saw.

Contributor
nagako
0 Kudos

thanks i'll try to use a different browser.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Weird. IE8 is still showing it, my Firefox 3.6.15 has an entirely different layout that doesn't show it, but (I think) my Firefox at work, which is a later version, was showing it when I was on their this week.

Odd.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a discussion going elsewhere.  I have Firefox 4.0.1 and show a completely different layout from those that don't see the link.  I have the link show up in Firefox and my NC browser.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000
0 Kudos

Alright, so I lost the button with this new web design.  Anyone else?

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

I can't see it with IE or Google Chrome.

Correspondent
tabascobaby
0 Kudos

I lost it this time, and I also noticed that they removed how many pages the book is if it is a nookbook. I liked being able to tell how long the book was. 

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

I wish they would bring it back, as I have come across some books that I wish were Nookbooks even though Amazon has them as ebooks.

"Don't parse the blurb"