Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Re: What is everyone reading (revisited)?

[ Edited ]
Inspired Contributor
nancybout
0 Kudos

I just read this week,from zoe winters KEPT,LOL and Venice Vampyre..

(here is the links)

I had a VERY exotic reading last few days LMAO!Interesting!=)

Venice Vampyr 

Kept (A Paranormal Romance in the Blood Lust trilogy, 1)  

Songbird

Now I'm off to read

My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers Series #4) 

Wordsmith
steffiebaby140
0 Kudos

The Athena Project  

About halfway through this and I simply cannot put it down, Brad Thor is a fantastic storyteller.

In a perfect world the chicken would be able to cross the road without his intentions being questioned.
Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Edison43 wrote:

...reading  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another victim, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house lock shut and entrap the masked psychopath - and then a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Frequent Contributor
wrapunzel
0 Kudos

Altar of Eden

Baghdad falls . . . and armed men are seen looting the city zoo. Amid a hail of bullets, a concealed underground lab is ransacked—and something horrific is set loose upon the world.

Seven years later, Louisiana state veterinarian Lorna Polk investigates an abandoned shipwrecked fishing trawler carrying exotic caged animals, part of a black market smuggling ring. But there is something disturbingly wrong with these beasts—each an unsettling mutation of the natural order, all sharing one uncanny trait: incredibly heightened intelligence.

Joining forces with U.S. Border patrol agent Jack Menard—a man who shares with her a dark and bloody past—Lorna sets out to uncover the truth about this strange cargo and the terrorist threat it poses. Because a beast escaped the shipwreck and is running amok—and what is about to be born upon the altar of Eden could threaten not only the future of the world but the very foundation of what it means to be human.

Frequent Contributor
ldalvarado
0 Kudos

Finished these two:

A Walk in the Woods 

Caught   

Just started this one:

The Cookbook Collector 

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Atomic Lobster (Serge Storms Series #10) 

From Publishers Weekly

Dorsey's 10th novel to feature Serge A. Storms and Coleman (after 2007's Hurricane Punch) offers sex, violence, more violence and Three Stooges–like action. After meeting up with Rachael, a stripper and drug addict, Serge and Coleman, bored and broke, take a Florida road trip. Meanwhile, several other characters, destined to converge, start their own treks: killer Tex McGraw, sprung from prison with revenge on his mind; empty-nesters Jim and Martha Davenport, seeking a little excitement; the G-Unit, a group of investing grannies who like to cruise; three American drug dealers and three Mexican drug dealers, with a new smuggling operation; and two Davis Islands residents, one a famous ex-football player. Recurring fave Johnny Vegas pops up, too, along with several government agencies. While Dorsey's brand of comedy isn't for the faint of heart, this fast-moving, raucous tale delivers its usual punch while gleefully skewering everyone and everything along the way. (Feb.) 
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Looks like you're working your way through Tim Dorsey at a good pace.  I've still got to read Electric Barracuda but I've read all the rest of 'em... :smileyhappy:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

March Into Hell

Great story and pace, I hate when I have to put it down for things like eating...

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

AlanNJ wrote:

Looks like you're working your way through Tim Dorsey at a good pace.  I've still got to read Electric Barracuda but I've read all the rest of 'em... :smileyhappy:

I am on a roll. I have borrowed everyone except Electric Barracuda. I wasn't aware of Tim Dorsey untill December. 

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

I did the same thing when I started reading Tim Dorsey.  Problem is when you switch to some other book it just seems strange after you're inundated with Dorsey's style.

I'm thinking about getting Electric Barracuda with my Groupon gift certificates but I'm still not happy with the price of the book at $11.99.  It's strange but at $9.99 I wouldn't hesitate...

Reader
morningstarKY
0 Kudos

I'm very new at this, but I thought i'd give it a shot...just started reading When the Wind Blows by James Patterson. Anyone else read this yet? I've read one other book by him, too, called The Broker.
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Luckily my library has it. I have it on hold. Then I will have to wait till next year for his next book.

AlanNJ wrote:

I did the same thing when I started reading Tim Dorsey.  Problem is when you switch to some other book it just seems strange after you're inundated with Dorsey's style.

I'm thinking about getting Electric Barracuda with my Groupon gift certificates but I'm still not happy with the price of the book at $11.99.  It's strange but at $9.99 I wouldn't hesitate...

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'll have to check to see if either of my libraries has it.  Good thought!

Update:  It's not in either of my libraries... :smileysad:

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Ascension

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Author
LCEvans
0 Kudos

I keep hearing good things about Tim Dorsey, so I am adding his books to my list, but first I have to finish some of what I have. I'm currently reading 

Daughters

It's really good. Ms. Baehr must have done a ton of research. Her descriptions of the life of the people of Palestine at the beginning of the 20th century really put me in the picture and her characters are beautifully drawn. I'm loving this book so far.

L.C. Evans

We Interrupt This Date 

The Witness Wore Blood Bay 

Night Camp 

Jobless Recovery 

Contributor
purplepen79
0 Kudos

I'm still in the middle of Pillars of the Earth but have started Fatal Vision--I like to read a variety of books at once in different genres in case I burn out on one.  Has anyone read Robin McKinley's

Pegasus ?

I love Robin McKinley books that are based on fairy tales, such as Deerskin and Beauty, but I've had trouble getting into a couple of her other ones.  Her style is fairly dense and poetic, with lots of descriptive detail and subtle magic, which works well for fairy tale retellings, but sometimes gets a bit much for me in her other works.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to Pegasus--I love stories about mythological creatures and their relationship to mankind.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Due to snow, extremely cold weather, utility problems, I have had four days off work.  Well what better time to read, read, read!  I belatedly started to read Stieg Larsson's books. Literally, I could not put any of those books down (although the last book had too many people and too many references that I just did not want to take the energy to fully comprehend).  I highly recommend these books:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1) 

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Series #2) 

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium Trilogy Series #3)

YN
Frequent Contributor
YN
0 Kudos

steffiebaby140 wrote:

The Athena Project  

About halfway through this and I simply cannot put it down, Brad Thor is a fantastic storyteller.

YN
-Hunter of Books-