Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Which eBook Did You Just Finish and Who Would You Recommend it For?

Alex Cross's Trial

This is great for anyone that enjoys Patterson and thought he should dig a little deeper.  It's a very thought provoking, vivid book - many pictures pop into your head while you read this and they aren't at all comfortable, not for his usual reasons though!

I didn't expect to enjoy it but I'll probably add it my library along the way now.

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: Which eBook Did You Just Finish and Who Would You Recommend it For?

[ Edited ]

I recently finished reading: 

Siddhartha (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 

I recommend this eBook to Sub_Rosa so that she may find inner peace. LOL :3 

That was a joke. </silly>

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Sword Song

Book #4 out of a 5-book series. If you like historical fiction, you will like this author and series. If you like historical fiction during King Alfred's time, you will LOVE this series.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
Tisha_PA
0 Kudos

I just finished:

Blindman's Bluff (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series #18) 

It's #18 in a series and I would recommend it for anyone that likes mysteries/thrillers. 

naylorchic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just finished:

The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3) 

This is book 3. Book 4 comes out in May on hardcover & I hope on ebook as well. The 1st is The Alchemyst & the 2nd is The Magician. I really like this series. I would recommend it for Harry Potter & Percy Jackson fans. Great books!

Correspondent
Princess_V
0 Kudos

My last nook read was

The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd: Download Cover

The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd

I bought it when it was $9.99, but the price has gone up!

very-simple
0 Kudos

The Help 

I just finished reading this, and it was fantastic.  I was actually able to borrow it from the library, and I still had 17 out of 21 days left on my "borrow" when I returned it, because I couldn't put it down.  Engrossing enough that I found myself crying on the subway.  

Inspired Correspondent
Phigment
0 Kudos

I finished:

The Windup Girl by: Paolo bacigalupi   -   Sci-fi  (no idea how to get the pict to pop up)

Synopsis

Anderson Lake is a company man, AgriGen's Calorie Man in Thailand. Under cover as a factory manager, Anderson combs Bangkok's street markets in search of foodstuffs thought to be extinct, hoping to reap the bounty of history's lost calories. There, he encounters Emiko...

Emiko is the Windup Girl, a strange and beautiful creature. One of the New People, Emiko is not human; she is an engineered being, crèche-grown and programmed to satisfy the decadent whims of a Kyoto businessman, but now abandoned to the streets of Bangkok. Regarded as soulless beings by some, devils by others, New People are slaves, soldiers, and toys of the rich in a chilling near future in which calorie companies rule the world, the oil age has passed, and the side effects of bio-engineered plagues run rampant across the globe.

What happens when calories become currency? What happens when bio-terrorism becomes a tool for corporate profits, when said bio-terrorism's genetic drift forces mankind to the cusp of post-human evolution? In The Windup Girl, award-winning author Paolo Bacigalupi returns to the world of "The Calorie Man" (Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award-winner and Hugo Award nominee, 2006) and "Yellow Card Man" (Hugo Award nominee, 2007) in order to address these important questions.

Oddly enough B&N don't show it as an ebook. I got it here:  for $6.00.  (in any format you need it in)

http://www.webscription.net/p-1121-the-windup-girl.aspx

Contributor
BeckyAK
0 Kudos

Just finished "The Kite Runner"

I loved it, I would recommend it to people who don't mind reading about difficult subjects and how bad choices in childhood can affect a persons entire life.

Inspired Contributor
rvingmillers
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just finished "Four Blind Mice" of the Alex Cross series by James Patterson .  Started reading this series after buying Nook.  Loving this series by James Patterson.  Also starting the Women's Murder Mystery series by Patterson also.

If you like murder/mysteries both of these series are great.  It's fun to follow the main characters in each.

Inspired Contributor
bermygirlJS
0 Kudos

Street Gang  

I just finished this, and really loved learning the history behind Sesame Street and the Muppets, especially since I grew up completely addicted to these two.  I recommend to anyone who was a fan and enjoys reading about history.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I just finished Flawless.  It kept me captivated throughout the entire book and I've since discovered that there's a movie out and received it from netflix and going to watch it this weekend to see how it compares.  I happen to get this ebook when they were offering it for free.

Flawless

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com