Frequent Contributor
kathybaug
0 Kudos

Will BN price-match Amazon on book?

Amazon currently has First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones listed at $2.99. This is a St. Martin's Press ebook so not an Agency publisher (I think), but I was wondering if BN has any plans to get the same sort of deal from SMP that Amazon did.  I would love to purchase this ebook.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,004
0 Kudos

Re: Will BN price-match Amazon on book?

[ Edited ]

St. Martin's is a Macmillan publisher, which is an Agency Model publishing house. The Amazon page says, "This price was set by the publisher".

To answer your question, B&N has repeatedly said that they don't price-match. At the same time, they often do just happen to match after a discrepancy is called to their attention.

BN.com doesn't do much over the weekend. Check back tomorrow and see if the price has been updated.

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

St. Martin's is an agency publisher (oops, saw that it was already pointed out). I did a quick search and that book is listed as $7.99 at every bookseller except Amazon, so it looks like it may be Amazon's mistake. 

Frequent Contributor
kathybaug
0 Kudos

It went back up to $7.99 yesterday afternoon, so I guess it was Amazon's mistake.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

It is the first of a series that has a new volume coming out.  Often the publishers will mark down (or even give away) the first one in order to spark interest in the series.  Maybe Amazon jumped the gun on such a promotion.