Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Wizard Heights!

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks, I just wanted to tell you about my new book.

Wizard Heights Book 1 

Just 99 cents for a limited time!

When the Goodfellow family moves to a new neighborhood, the last thing that eleven year old, Charlie Goodfellow is looking for is adventure. But one day when he is exploring a secluded, hilltop retirement community called Wizard Heights, he finds it.

Up there, old folks glide about in flying recliners, and sip tea to the dulcet tones of string quartets on moonlit nights.

But there are more sinister forces at work, too. A strange, pale boy called Whitstable befriends Charlie and tells him about a sinister plot involving his cryogenically frozen wizard grandfather, and the mysterious, Egyptian Idol of Thebes. Charlie is plunged headlong into an adventure that will take him deep beneath the cobwebby catacombs of the retirement community, and into the palaces of the eclectic luminaries of Wizard Heights.

The story gallops along at an unstoppable pace, taking many fascinating twists and turns along the way. Wonderful characters are to be found here—action, adventure, magic, and mystery too.

Download and read the first installment of this new, magical adventure series, today!

For ages 11 and up.

Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: Wizard Heights!

Sounds very interesting, thank you for sharing it. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Thank you for the interest! Alex
Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I probably will start your book later today or tomorrow once I get Gallagher Girls book 2 done which I have only like 20 pages to go on that book.  I love teen/young adult books.  I think I'll like your book.  It says book 1 so I guessing there's going to be a series?  Are you working on a trilogy or even more?

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for buying my book! Yes, I am currently writing the second Wizard Heights book, and it is going very well.

I think that the series may eventually contain many books. There are certainly enough characters in the Wizard Heights retirement community to fill an entire bookshelf! I hope you enjoy it.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

That's great I just got to the part Whitstable moved in with Charlie and made some kind of device that melted a bunch of stuff.  It's so funny story, I'm loving it, and whenever you get the sequel ready, I'm definately downloading it.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

The Mysterious Case... Sorry I can't remember the whole title, but I just noticed your signature and it mentioned that book, is that a nookbook as well?

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

WOW!!! this looks like a winner of a book!! Will try to buy it!!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

shadowcat80--That's great! I'm so glad that you love the book! Alex

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

HungerGamesPerson--Great! Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Shadowcat80—yes, that's my other NOOKBook—The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine. I'm humbled to say that it's done very well. Here's the link and information about it:

The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine 

When British children, Jennifer and Timothy Goodhew visit their grandfather on the isle of St. Mary's, they are surprised to find him missing. In his place they find a wily, old pirate captain, who has taken control of their grandfather's manor and its servants.

The captain puts the children to work—Timothy in the tumbledown graveyard at the end of the garden, and Jennifer within the manor itself. Naturally, the children are concerned about their missing grandfather and begin to investigate his disappearance.

In the course of their investigations, they discover that the garden surrounding the manor has become wildly overgrown. Furthermore, they are told that entrance to their grandfather's laboratory is strictly forbidden. Undaunted, the children continue their investigations, and in so doing, discover a remarkable secret and a diabolical plot that will change their lives forever.

This novel will, in turn, warm your heart and send chills down your spine. It leads the reader on an unforgettable journey through an eerie manor, an overgrown garden, a tumbledown graveyard, and to a gripping conclusion. An adventure story and a mystery, it is a page-turner through and through—one that is enjoyed by children (ages 9 and up) and adults alike.

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Wizard Heights - Book 1 - Vengeance of the Wraith King, now has a video book trailer, which can be viewed at: http://www.wizardheights.com
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

New Video!

Wizard Heights Book 1: The Vengeance of the Wraith King now has a video synopsis which can be viewed at: 

http://www.wizardheights.com/Wizard-Heights-Author-Video-Synopsis.html

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

New Video!

Questions and Answers with the author of Wizard Heights - Book 1

Click here to see Part 1 of a Questions and Answers Video with Alexander Scott, the author of Wizard...

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New Video - Questions and Answers - Part 2!

Which is the author's favorite Wizard Heights character?

What inspired the flying recliners?

Is the protagonist in the story based on the author?

Answers in this video:

http://www.wizardheights.com/Video-Wizard-Heights-Book-One-Author-Questions-And-Answers-Part-Two.htm...

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

All of my videos are now on my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/alxndrsct

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

The Wizard Heights NOOK Book cover disappeared from my first post in this thread, so here it is again:

Wizard Heights Book 1  

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

I've got a new WordPress site at:

http://alexanderscottauthor.wordpress.com

I'll be posting updates there about these books and my new titles as they are released.

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott
0 Kudos

Wizard Heights - Book 2 will be released early in 2012.