Contributor
scifigirl1982
0 Kudos

accidently deleted the free ebooks

I just created a bn account and when i went to the my ebooks area I noticed that there were books in it that i didn't put there. I thought they were just examples of books that i could download, so i started deleting them. I deleted a dictionary, pride and prejudice, and dracula before i realized that these were free copies that bn was giving me. I noticed this before i deleted little woman, so i still have that one. How do i get the others back? i thought maybe i could cancel my bn account and then reopen a new one so it would be like a fresh download but i don't see any way to delete my account. Does anyone know how i can get those books back? I'd like to have them to put on my nook when it arrives.   Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
KevMann

Re: accidently deleted the free ebooks

Hello Scifigirl,

If you log onto your BN account, go to the eBooks tab, then over on the right side of the screen you should see the "Archive" option. Click on that and there you will see the "deleted" books.

This is where you will find all of the books that you delete from your nook. You can re-add those books to your library.

Once you buy a book it is never really deleted, it is just added to the archive.

Hope this helps!

Kev

Contributor
scifigirl1982
0 Kudos

Nope, there isn't anything in my archive.  :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
joeypore
0 Kudos

Yeah, i have the same issue.

Two of my free books, Sense and Sensibility, and The Last of the Mohicans, have both disappeared from my library [and archive].

I want these specific ones because they're the B&N translations [and they have great intros and endnotes.

Correspondent
guenevol
0 Kudos

Sense & Sensibility and The Last of the Mohicans come with the B&N eReader software, and therefore are not in your online library. You can get those two back by reinstalling the eReader software and then looking in the "My BN eBooks" file.

Contributor
ScottFreelancing
0 Kudos

Huh. I didn't see whose when I downloaded the reader, but I'm on a Mac.

Contributor
grame
0 Kudos

I dd as u said, & it worked for two of the books, buy not for the third.  Any ideas????  I have tried 3 time to download it again, but it still doesn't show up in my library.

Reader
fletch622
0 Kudos

guenevol wrote:

Sense & Sensibility and The Last of the Mohicans come with the B&N eReader software, and therefore are not in your online library. You can get those two back by reinstalling the eReader software and then looking in the "My BN eBooks" file.

I am afraid that this does not work.  As with the OP, I am also still missing these two books, and reinstalling a fresh copy of the app does not place them back into your library.

Frequent Contributor
Titans95
0 Kudos

Can't you just "buy" the books again?  Do a search on the titles in the ebook section and then sort by price.  That should give you the free versions that you can buy again, right?  Not sure about the dictionary though, since I don't think that's available as a freebie.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

I had to resort to the free versions because in my attempts to fix the iPhone reader, B&N deleted my free ebooks I got from that. They are not as well formatted as the original ones that came with the reader software.