Inspired Contributor
MBenner
0 Kudos

eBook clubs

is there any legitimate ebook clubs like double day   where u can get like a subscription to the club then down load  ebooks or get a certain amount for free  ?

To read is to know the Nook, and to read the Nook is to know...Quiet what you know depends upon your Nook. - Darkkin
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Re: eBook clubs

I have not heard of any but tit would be a great concept. I am guessing that the agency model would be the issue though.

Contributor
willaful
0 Kudos

They're called public libraries. :-) If your area library doesn't have ebooks available, there are some that will let anyone join for a fee.

I'd love a subscription service, not wanting to keep most books I read anyway, but I don't think anything legitimate exists so far other than libraries and limited book lending.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

kathylcsw wrote:

I have not heard of any but tit would be a great concept. I am guessing that the agency model would be the issue though.

I agree that tit is a great concept :smileyvery-happy:

Oh yeah, I also agree that the Agency Model would kill any such idea.

Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There is Webscription.net, if you enjoy scifi/fantasy type books.

Here's the description from their site:

A web-based ebook serialization of the fiction and nonfiction published by Baen Books. Each book will be published in three segments, one month apart, beginning three months before the paper book publication date. Each month at least 4 new-to-Webscriptions titles will be available. The intent is to use all frontlist titles for that month. If fewer than four books are published, or if one or more of them is unavailable, titles from the backlist will be used.

These are discounted bundles of books and are not a "subscription." You can buy any month you like at any time and nothing is automatically charged.

I haven't tried the subscription service, just bought individual books from them, so I can't speak to how exactly it works.

Inspired Contributor
MBenner
0 Kudos

thanx for the link Jaquellae that looks interesting

and everyone's right the agency modal would squash that idea quickly 

To read is to know the Nook, and to read the Nook is to know...Quiet what you know depends upon your Nook. - Darkkin
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.

New User
ashephoenix
0 Kudos

There is a romance book club that does eboks it is called eharlequin http://www.ebooks.eharlequin.com

but that is all I have ever found.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

MBenner wrote:

thanx for the link Jaquellae that looks interesting

and everyone's right the agency modal would squash that idea quickly 

not this one. Baen is a publisher and the authors at Baen are there because they think the whole agency thing is a pile of crap. They give away a free ebook every month and there are a lot of free books from authors. I'm not talking indie authors. Mercedes Lackey, David Webber and many others.

THey believe that they are successful BECAUSE of people who read their books, not despite them. They believe if someone reads their books and like them, they BUY more, so they don't mind giving away free ebooks. You can buy DTB from them as well.

I LOVE the site. It's not paranormal romance. It's the real deal..sci/fi and fantasy by long time established authors in the genre. I've been able to pick up whole series by some of my favorites, and reread some of my favorites that I had read and loved.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.

New User
farmerSW
0 Kudos

I can recommend Lady Francesca's Legacy only 77p at the moment. Let me know if you like it.