Contributor
lovemyereader
0 Kudos

Re: iPad corners 22% of the eBook Market

I have a Nook, and an Ipad. I enjoy reading on my Nook. I also have the B&N app on my Ipad, as well as the Kindle App. and ibooks.  I have to say, I enjoy reading on my Ipad too. You can adjust the brighness of the screen, so that it does not bother your eyes as much.

It all just comes down to preferences. Sometimes I refer my Nook, other times its the Ipad. With the Kindle now being in Target, it should be interesting to see what happens. The Nook is doing well in best buy.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

Alley415 wrote:

Heritage07 wrote:

Alley415 wrote:

I look for these numbers to stay high for a while, especially with the upcoming launch of ibooks for iphone/ipod touch.  I do have to say that after comparing the ibooks, B&N app, and Kindle app; ibooks are far crisper and nicer to read on the ipad than the others.  It is just a sleeker look.  That said, ibooks are still somewhat limited in what they offer.  For the most part, I will stick to my Kindle unless I need a book that has pictures or charts in which case the ibooks when hands down.

How's does the IPad function reading in sunlight?

I don't have a problem but I have also been using my iPhone outside for years and know how to reduce the backlight brightness and I have an anti-glare film on it.  I also rarely have a reason to use it outside.  For me, as someone who reads maybe an hour at a time, I have to admit the crispness of the lettering on the iPad is far better than eink.  I say this as I have had my Kindle for years as well.  That said, if I was someone who read hours a day every day, then I would probably think differently.  But, even after working on a computer 8+ hours a day, I like reading on my iPad.

Thanks for you input. My wife is an RN and I was thinking of getting her an Ipad mainly because of the medical programs that are available i.e. Epocrates and Lexi-Pro. I got a chance to view a friends and the HD resolution is amazing.

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree with what the previous posters have said. I had the Nook and now use the iPad exclusively for reading. Now I know that there are people who have problems reading on any back-lit screen (including LCD computer monitors), but if your wife is not one of those I think the reading outdoors "problem" is a bit blown out of proportion. Not saying there is no glare, but I have had no problems with it.

(And yeah - the resolution and colors of the screen (especially for images and videos) is really amazing.)

I also agree with one of the earlier posters - I also have the Kindle and BN app on my iPad, alongside iBooks - and while I prefer iBooks, whichever bookstore will have the book I want will get my business. The only thing - to me - that the iBookstore/Apple selling lots of ebooks can do is to help convince the publishers that ebooks are here to stay and that they should learn to adjust like the music industry did.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I do love my Nook but I am disappointed that the Ipad already offers more magazines and news papers. How does the price of eBooks compare?

Reader 4
Prometeo
0 Kudos

But you do know that you can read ibooks, nook books, kindle books, pdf books and html books on the iPad, right? so basically it doesn't matter which ebook store you get it from when you are using an iPad.

On the other hand, the "reading from a lightbulb" comment really got me to rethink my desire to go iPad.

Reader 4
Prometeo
0 Kudos

Re: iPad corners 22% of the eBook Market -- "Voodoo Algorithm"

Yes, if B&N upgrades its desktop app and gives it the sync capability between the mobile apps, desktop apps and nook, it could have an even greater market and provide and even better user experience.  I hope they do so.