Contributor
LaytonGreen
0 Kudos

"This is one of the best books I've ever read for Odyssey Reviews.”

The Summoner by Layton Green

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=2&USRI=the+summoner

“Layton Green has written a tale with supernatural and political undertones that unravels with ever increasing suspense . . .  The book is plain terrific.”

—    Richard Marek, former President and Publisher of E.P. Dutton

The Summoner

A United States diplomat disappears in front of hundreds of onlookers while attending a religious ceremony in the bushveld of Zimbabwe. 

Dominic Grey, Diplomatic Security special agent, product of a violent childhood and a worn passport, is assigned to investigate.  Aiding the investigation is Professor Viktor Radek, religious phenomenologist and expert on cults, and Nya Mashumba, the local government liaison. 

What Grey uncovers is a terrifying cult older than Western civilization, the harsh underbelly of a country in despair, a priest seemingly able to perform impossibilities, and the identity of the newest target. 

Himself . . . 

“ . . . Of all of the reviews I’ve done, I can count three or four books that are shining examples of independent publishing.  The Summoner by Layton Green is one of those . . . this book is above and beyond in its narrative, its cohesiveness, the depth of its characters and the quality of the writing. This is one of the best books I've ever read for Odyssey Reviews.”

—      Odyssey Reviews (Winner of Odyssey Review’s Award of Indie Excellence) 

“I moved a little outside my comfort zone with The Summoner, and I am glad I did. A blend of action, history, anthropology, thrills, and chills, all delivered with a mature, polished voice.  I am eager for more from this author.”

—    Scott Nicholson, Bestselling Author

“Green writes like a dream. Dominic Grey is a fascinating protagonist, and his quest for justice in the heart of a troubled African city gripped me from start to finish. The Summoner also beautifully captures Zimbabwe's diverse and conflicting landscapes — both urban and rural, ancient and modern. The result is a fast-paced and searing narrative that offers a glimpse into a world of religion, politics, and culture few could imagine. The next installment of Green's suspenseful storytelling and Grey’s next journey can’t come soon enough!”

—      Melody Moezzi, Award-winning Author, War on Error

“[C]alls to mind such series as Jason Bourne and Indiana Jones, with supernatural/religious overtones thrown in. I recommend The Summoner to anyone looking for a suspense-filled journey into a unique—and at times, terrifying—culture that’ll keep you guessing.”  

—      Bookhound’s Den

Layton Green, Author of The Summoner

A religious phenomenologist, a Diplomatic Security Agent and their local liaison investigate the mysterious disappearance of a U.S. diplomat in Zimbabwe.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Summoner/Layton-Green/e/2940012728746/?itm=35
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: "This is one of the best books I've ever read for Odyssey Reviews.”

Thank you for sharing your review is very interesting.  Have a good day

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Re: "This is one of the best books I've ever read for Odyssey Reviews.”

This sounds good. I may have to get this one!