New User
Kodi222
0 Kudos

"This item can not be downloaded"

"This item can not be downloaded. There might be a problem with the payment. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-The-Book (843-2665) to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Is anyone else getting this error when they try to download their books? Some days it will let me download books just fine and then other days i get this message. I can't even delete the books that have this error so that I can try to get them again. Im getting very frustrated. Ive called customer service 4 times and none of their suggestions have helped me. They've also promised to get the books off my list so I can try to re download them but they never take them off! Im getting very frustrated with the customer service. And I don't want to spend money not knowing if I'm going to get my books or not!!

Has anyone else had this issue? And how did you fix it? I've tried re-entering my credit card info, unregistering my nook, and waiting 24 hours to let customer service do what they say they're going to do!

New User
Lindaposte
0 Kudos

Re: "This item can not be downloaded"

We have the exact same problem.  Have called customer service 3 times, tried different credit cards, tried unregistering.  Even get the same message when trying to download from the website.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Distinguished Correspondent
GordonF
0 Kudos

I had this problem the other night - with books I was in the middle of reading no less (and already downloaded onto my Nook).

I plugged the Nook back into my computer, went to the B&N site, looked at my Nook Library just to make sure the book was still actually there. Opened the Nook on my computer and browsed to the B&N directory on it just to see if my books were there, for fun I opened one using the Nook Reader on my home computer, then unplugged the nook. After that it all worked fine.

I have no idea if what I did was any help, fixed any problems, or if the Nook was just having a moment.

Stop At Nothing - Show Your Teeth
Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

I had this happen with a few samples.  Similar to the previous poster, I was able to download the sample to my computer and then put it onto the Nook (in the B&N directory, not my SD card) and then access the sample normally.  Funny though, the current page number was displayed in the My B&N Library page as with other books, so something was still up.  Still I was able to read the sample, but was left with an uneasy feeling if I would have problems if I bought the book.

Reader
BillBonney
0 Kudos

If you are paying with a bank debit card it might not work. Some banks think its suspicious activity when you download a book. I believe they told me it goes through for a dollar everytime you try to download a book. A work around is to pay using your bank/debit card and then switch your default payment on bn.com to a credit card and then download. I had this same problem last year. 

New User
KYNook_Reader
0 Kudos

Technical Support told me that BN was a victim of their own success.  There were so many Nooks and ColorNooks sold for Christmas that the download servers were having problems keeping up with demand.  His suggestion was to "wait" for up to a day.  The problem will eventually correct itself.  After 48 hours, it did.

Reader 4
DebR97
0 Kudos

I've had the same problem, one of the books I purchased 2 months ago and still can't download the other one a couple days ago, won't download to Nook, IPod touch, PC, or netbook....get same message, cannot download now try again later...

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

DebR97 wrote:

I've had the same problem, one of the books I purchased 2 months ago and still can't download the other one a couple days ago, won't download to Nook, IPod touch, PC, or netbook....get same message, cannot download now try again later...

You purchased a book 2 months ago and you still can't download it?  Have you tried calling someone about this?  I certainly wouldn't wait 2 months for a book I paid for.  FWIW, I bought 2 books today and the downloaded to my Nook immediately.  

Frequent Contributor
Jadescythe
0 Kudos

I've had this happen a couple times - I've turned the Airplane mode off and the on again and the books then downloaded just fine.   This has just started happening to me in the past week or so - not sure if turning the Wi-Fi off and then on again will work for everyone but that seems to work for me so far.   Haven't called Customer Service about it because I can usually get the book to download within a few minutes.    Unlike the post above I haven't had problems with books already downloaded previously before this past week.