Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

2 of this wk's B&N Classics will not download into iPod Touch

First off, thanks B&N for making your classics available for free!

Ran into a problem downloading the recent set of ebook Classics. Vanity Fair & Bleak House will not download into my iPod Touch (8G model, iOS 4) Nook app. The other ebooks downloaded and read just fine.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/free-classic-novel-ebooks/379002285/

FYI, these two ebooks download/install/read just fine into my 'PC' Nook program, but nothing happens when I try to install them onto my iPod Touch.

I even "deleted" the two books from my B&N library and then repurchased them. The same thing is still happening.

Can any B&N techie explain/help?

thanks,

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,000
0 Kudos

2 of this wk's B&N Classics will not download via 3G

[ Edited ]

plainstuff wrote:

Can any B&N techie explain/help?

There are no B&N techies on these forums, just other customers and a forum administrator. If you want a B&N techie, you need to call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

Those two e-books are huge. Bleak House is 13MB, Vanity Fair is 22MB. Because of their size, those e-books are not available for delivery over 3G. See the availability notes on their pages (beneath Pub. Date): "Available for download via Wi-Fi".

Bleak House (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

Vanity Fair (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

I don't know anything about iPod Touch, so I don't know if there's a way to copy them from your PC onto the iPod. But you can't get them via 3G.

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Re: 2 of this wk's B&N Classics will not download via 3G

Note that IPOD/IPAD do not use the B&N supplied 3g.  Not sure if this restriction would apply.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: 2 of this wk's B&N Classics will not download into iPod Touch

@plainstuff,

Thank you for posting and we do indeed have tech support on these boards.  I am looking into this for you.
FYI.

Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

Thank you, it's good to learn that B&N does have a tech support presence on the forums/boards. UPDATE: I've downloaded the recent iPhone/iPad touch nook update, with some improved results. Both books appear to download now: Bleak House can be read but Vanity Fair gives an "oops!" Error Message while trying to open it for reading.
Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

FINAL UPDATE: don't know what, if anything, changed, but downloaded Vanity Fair today and it opened/read fine! --- thanks for all the help!!!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 609 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: