New User
ch1stna
0 Kudos

Add Bookmarks in Android Nook app?

Is there a way to add bookmarks while you are reading from the android nook app? 

While reading, I can click Menu, Go To,  and there is a Contents tab with all the Chapters and a blank Bookmarks tab.

It would be nice to be able to create bookmarks, highlighting and annotations right from the android app :smileyhappy:

I have not tried the PC app yet but I assume if you can create bookmarks there, you can use them in the android app?  Anyone tried?

I have nook on EVO with android 2.2

Thanks

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Add Bookmarks in Android Nook app?

@ch1stna,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

While reading a book, every page will have a + in the top right corner of the page.  You can see it on the third phone here (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-android/379002287/?).

If a user clicks on that top right corner, it will add a bookmark.

New User
ch1stna
0 Kudos

Oh, wonderful!  I knew it must be obvious if no one else posted about it.  In night mode you cannot see the little plus sign, but there is still a crease in the corner you can click on. 

Thank you

New User
eecha
0 Kudos

I just downloaded the app for android, I'm looking at upper right hand corner and dont see the plus sign please help

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@eecha,

What type of phone are you using and which book are you reading?  If you would prefer to answer via PM (Private Message) please do so.

We want to help.

Reader
ClarkW
0 Kudos

My experience is that the plus sign is available for Barnes and Noble books but not for books I have put into the "My Documents" folder. So I have moved all my own epub files to another ereader that allows me to bookmark them. It's a shame that Nook for Android doesn't seem to support bookmarks for "My Documents" ebooks.

Contributor
JohnMullen
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip on creating book marks. Is there a method for removing bookmarks already created?

Reader
ClarkW
0 Kudos

The Nook-for-Android version I am now running does do bookmarks for "my documents" books as well as for the Nook library books.

To create a bookmark, tap on the little plus sign in the very upper right hand corner of the screen. To remove a bookmark, tap on the bookmark triangle on the very upper right hand corner of the screen.

Contributor
JohnMullen
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Inspired Contributor
wynand32
0 Kudos

I'll add that not only can we add bookmarks, highlights, and notes on the Android client, but those also sync to the PC client. I've tried it with my Sprint Epic 4G, my desktop, and my notebook, and they work flawlessly. Makes for a great experience.

I only wish that the same would sync to/from the Nook itself, and be more manageable. Indeed, since the Android and PC clients allow us to see a list of notes and such, it would make taking notes on the Nook a lot more valuable. At this point, since notes can't be easily located on the Nook, and they don't sync anywhere, I just don't use my Nook for that purpose.

The Nook ecosystem is THIS close to being fully functional. I hope they provide that level of functionality soon for the e-Ink Nooks and don't just concentrate going forward on the NookColor. 

New User
Dyn_Blin
0 Kudos

I have to agree.  Synchronization between reader and app via PC and/or phone is a minimal requirement for real-world use and functionality.

New User
ywibben
0 Kudos

I have a new Galaxy Tab with the Nook app. How do I highlight and make notes as I'm reading?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

You should be able to tap & hold on a word or drag to select more than one. This should get a pop up window with "Highlight, Note or Search" options.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 243 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: