Reader 4
vmiller95
0 Kudos

All apps moved to Nook Cloud automatically and now I cannot get them to reinstall on my HD.

Overnight, I assume an update was downloaded on my Nook HD.  All of my applications were moved to Nook Cloud and when I click on any of them to re-download them I get the message "Unable to Install: This application was not able to install onto your device.  Please remove some items from your library and then download the application to try again."  My issue is my Nook HD is a month or so old, and has over 75% disk space available, I have moved all but about 8 books to the Nook Cloud and still cannot get anything to download.  HELP PLEASE!

New User
razsmom
0 Kudos

Re: All apps moved to Nook Cloud automatically and now I cannot get them to reinstall on my HD.

I can't help you, but am eagerly awaiting the answer. This happened to me about an hour ago.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: All apps moved to Nook Cloud automatically and now I cannot get them to reinstall on my HD.

On your HD, go to Profiles, then Manage Content. Check and see if books/apps etc and any other content you want available is  checked (you can select an entire category, you dont have to go thru list and check everything individually.) Make sure your wifi is on. You may have to power down and up. You want to see the "library syncing" up in the notification area pop up at some point (device needs to phone home to B&N store.)  See if that gets your content back.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, but only Pandora, Overdrive Media, Office Suite Lite and Hulu Plus were impacted. See my posts here. Long story short. After 2 hours in the B&N Store, 2 techs there and phone support...they reset everything. Now I'm reinstalling apps and I'll have to sideload my books. Only good thing is I didn't have a lot on my Nook yet.

Bummer thing was the store WiFi was soooo....ssslllooowww that it took forever to get everything restored to baseline (out ofthe box) condition.

Reader
Bravzilla
0 Kudos

I had this problem earlier tonight. I realized that the apps in question needed to be updated. For whatever reason, the updates weren't going through. I went to Barnes & Noble's website, logged into my account, went to the My Nook section, and then archived the apps. After that I went back to my app library on my Nook (not the website) and updated the apps. Once they were updated, I was able to move them back to my Nook. 

New User
robertann217
0 Kudos

Tried archiving... didn't work.  Already talked to support in July, they had me do a hard(factory) reset.  This is the second time this has happened, and I don't want to start all over again.  Any other suggestions?

New User
mkhill17
0 Kudos

Also, happened to me, now I can't even open my nook. It will show the locked screen that you drag you name over the lock, but all the names are gone. No opening anything now. Please help.
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Take it to a store now while you are still under warranty.

New User
robertann217
0 Kudos

That would work if my Nook hadn't been a gift and I had a warranty.  I took it to the store anyway, which resulted in another hard reset.  :-(  Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Reader
MikeGoodfellow
0 Kudos

I'm dealing with this issue with my father's Nook HD.

A number of apps had this issue and it was resolved by archiving then unarchving.

The only two I can't seem to do anything with are Pandora, which is something he uses, and Twitter, which he doesn't so I'll just go into the profile and hide it, but I'd love a procedure to get Pandora back up and running.  I tried installing from Google play with no success.."Incompatible Update".

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Pandora and Twitter are both B&N stock apps on the HD (which has its own forum further up, this one is for B&N reading apps installed on things other than a Nook). That's why Google reports incompatible.

Unfortunately, short of forcing a factory reset and reloading firmware updates I have no idea how to touch them. I don't use either.

Baron Wulfraed
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 683 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: