Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Android Nook App, SD Card usage!

Does anyone know how to get the Nook for Android App to use the External SD Card instead of the Internal SD Card on a Samsung Infuse?

Reader 4
psfales
0 Kudos

Re: Android Nook App, SD Card usage!

Hmm, I've been frustrated by just the opposite problem!   On my tablet, books are download to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Nook.  If a card is not plugged in, that directory is internal memory, but then when a card is plugged in, it gets mounted on external_sd, and "covers up" the previous books.   I can download them to the external_sd card, but then when the card is removed, they disappear.  I would prefer a way to have them stored on  directory that's always in internal memory!

I guess what they really need is a preference setting that lets the user pick where they want the books stored.   B&N, are you listening?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Thread necromancy! Yes, I know this thread is almost a year old. And yet...

NOOK for Android flat refused to install on my LG Lucid phone (Gingerbread 2.3.6) until I bought and installed an SD card. Then it totally ignored the SD card and stored everything in the main storage anyway. What the... :smileymad:

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Doug_Pardee wrote:

Thread necromancy! Yes, I know this thread is almost a year old. And yet...

NOOK for Android flat refused to install on my LG Lucid phone (Gingerbread 2.3.6) until I bought and installed an SD card. Then it totally ignored the SD card and stored everything in the main storage anyway. What the... :smileymad:

You necromancer, you!

I've noticed with my last two phones (Rezound on GB and DInc 4G on ICS) that I can't actually save ANYTHING to my external SD card w/o sideloading.  I've got three storage options - on the DIng 4G they're Internal Storage, Phone Storge and Storage Card (all three existed on the Rezound but I think the names were different).  "Storage Card" is actually the SD card that I installed myself.  "Phone Storage" is also an SD card but it's the one that comes built into the phone that I can't physically access without deconstructing the phone.  So maybe the B&N app is confused - it's looking for the external card, but really it only needs the internal card as it can't save to anything else anyway.

As an aside, if anyone can tell me how to get apps working on my external card, or even just get the apps to save data there, please let me know.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

maybe the B&N app is confused - it's looking for the external card, but really it only needs the internal card as it can't save to anything else anyway.

That's the same conclusion I came to. I've found very few apps that can deal with the "external" added-on card. I do use App2SD to move my apps from the Phone memory to the Internal (SD) memory, but they won't make the jump to the external card. A few camera apps I've played with will use the external card, although only the standard camera app that came with the phone does so easily.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 903 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: