New User
mheyman_77
0 Kudos

Android Nook: Managed to Set Brightness to Black. Now WHat?

I love the Nook app on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. Works GREAT except that I accidentally set the screen brightness all the way down and the screen is now black. I can't see anything while reading a book. When I hit the back button (by position and guessing) and go back to the library listing, the system's brightness takes over again and all is well. It is just the reading view that's black. Can anyone tell me how to reset it?

New User
rbpages
0 Kudos

Re: Android Nook: Managed to Set Brightness to Black. Now WHat?

I had the same experience/learning curve/misfortune with my Toshiba Thrive.  Here are the steps I used to fix it.

1. Go to Settings, then Applications, then Manage Applications.

2. Scroll to "Nook" and click on it.

3. Click on "clear data".

4. Click on the left arrow in the lower left corner of the Android screen until you are back to the main screen.

5. Click on the "Nook" icon and start over.

6.  I logged in to my account, went to my library, and clicked on the  same book to start it again.  No more black "brightness".

New User
aceted
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and the solution offered worked well, thanks.

New User
Rgrapes
0 Kudos

Thanks. I had the same problem with the acer Iconia. Thanks to this blog I can read books again.

Inspired Correspondent
DeltaT
0 Kudos

I did the same thing on the Kindle app on my LG Optimus phone.

It is impossible for all of the vendors to accommodate all of the hardware.  If the brightness didn't go that low, someone would be squealing that it was too bright in a dark bedroom.

The only way to fix it would be antoher huge bill of government regulations written by people who don't have a clue about light.

I have an old, but quiet, dimmer switch that buzzes at the highest setting.  I stuck a little piece of plastic in the slider to make sure that I cannot reach that setting.

Maybe there's an app for that.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 749 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: