New User
hbscheffler
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Android app "Could not open book at this time"

Downloaded The Hunger Games while on vacation this weekend, but every time I try to open it, it gives me the message above.  Opens fine on PC.

New User
JOdell999
0 Kudos

Re: Android app "Could not open book at this time"

I keep getting this error message everytime I try to open a book in Nook for Android, "Could not open book at this time.  Please try again later."  This started today, up until today, I had no problems.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nook for Android several times.  I am using the LG Marquee with Android Version 2.3.4, I assume that I have the newest version of Nook for Android, since I just downloaded it from the Android Market and from bn.com, several times.

New User
AshesB
0 Kudos

I am currently having a similar problem.  For my android phone, any book that was free or automatically added to my library I can open.  However any book that I actually purchased I get the error "Cannot open book at this time.  Try again later."  My phone just had an upgrade so I know that I have the latest version.  2.3...something.    This is ongoing for the last few weeks.  I have already uninstalled the app and reloaded it.  Will someone please tell me what is happening?  Up until this problem the app had been working perfectly.

New User
mlw1506
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem.  I am able to open books that were free but get the message "Could not open book at this time" when I try to open books that I purchased.  It started after I logged out of the app yesterday.  I have tried uninstalling and reinsalling the app on my Android phone but that didn't fix the issue.  Does anybody know how to fix this?

New User
mcsp00
0 Kudos

I am also experiencing this issue. Details:
Toshiba Thrive with Android 3.2.1.31.5.0002 installed and Nook for Android 3.0.1.10.ANDBTL running. Works perfectly with SAMPLE title, but not with purchased title.

Got the sample title for Mindscan), liked it, then purchased the title (Mindscan) and it will not open on my Android. I can get the item to open using Nook on PC, but not Nook on Android...  

New User
mark30126
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and called nook support. All I had to do was to hit the account button at the top of the nook homescreen and sign out, then sign back in again and it synced the purchase perfectly. I had to download it again which I was promped to do. easy.

New User
mcsp00
0 Kudos

Hot diggity dog, that did the trick!

Thanks!

Reader 4
hunybe
0 Kudos

wow that helped mine too! If I would have know it was that simple, I would have tried that last night when the problem came up for me. Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

New User
TheCarlos
0 Kudos

You know, having to re-download the book is...kinda unnaceptable*. Because if this is the norm that may be the first and last Nook book I purchased.

*buying a book to read on a flight and not being able to read that book during the flight tends to make one unhappy.

New User
Jennie1042
0 Kudos

The problem I'm having with my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, that just started today when I tried to download a free book, I'm getting this error message: "Sorry! The application B&N (process bn.ereader) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again" with the options to either force close or report when I try to open ANY book... free or paid for!  I've reported and force closed 5 times.  I archived all my books then unarchived them, I have uninstalled the nook app 5 times, and rebooted as well.  Nothing helps!

I called cust. support, and after being on hold for almost an hour was told there must be something wrong with my tablet.. it's not BN app and they couldn't help me! I KNOW there isn't anything wrong with my tablet as I have not installed or downloaded anything in the past 6 months other than books from them and it only started when I tried to download one of THEIR books this afternoon (worked fine until then)!  This is making me really really mad since I JUST added a new gift card to my account today too. 

The only 'help' I got was being told it must be my tablet and I could always do a factory reset.. and lose all my stuff?? uhh.. I don't think so.  Thanks for the 'HELP' BN....................... 

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Jennie1042, have you updated your GT 10.1 to Android 3.2?  I don't know that it will solve your problems but it's worth a try.

New User
clb368
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this...you saved me a phone call.  This worked for me also!  :smileyhappy:  Just wished I would have known this 3 days ago when I bought the book!!

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Same problem on both my Xoom and Evo4g. Downloads but when I try to open a book it tells me "Could not open book at this time. Please try again later."

Doesn't matter if the book is a BN purchase or epub. The version in both devices is the latest.

This has been going on for weeks. I have uninstalled/installed many times. Logged in/logged out then back in again. Very frustrating.

Don't know what to do.

Nook Color Wallpapers
New User
ShawnaRSH
0 Kudos

Not solved. Does not work for me on a Droid 2 with all software updates, both Android and Nook. Have logged out and back in multiple times, redownloaded (even made sure the books were gone from the SD card before relogging in). Any other suggestions?

New User
heinchrisamastas
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!

New User
mpinch
0 Kudos

Thank you!  It is inexcusable that B&N has not fixed this.  Signing out and having to redownload is ridiculous.

New User
sbfaninwy
0 Kudos

I can't even figure out how to log out of Nook app on my phone.  I don't see where it say my account info.  I'm not technologically dumb but I'm about done with NOOK!  It's not working on my Pandigital Novel or my Android phone.  Grr.  Please help.

New User
AGCAC
0 Kudos

Thanks for that! Had the same issue and this fixed it for me also!
New User
Kaz2055
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 302 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: