Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

Android app "could not open book at this time NOT SOLVED

Re: Android app "Could not open book at this time"

[ Edited ]

Same problem on both my Xoom and Evo4g. Downloads but when I try to open a book it tells me "Could not open book at this time. Please try again later."

Doesn't matter if the book is a BN purchase or epub. The version in both devices is the latest.

This has been going on for weeks. I have uninstalled/installed many times. Logged in/logged out then back in again. Very frustrating.

Don't know what to do.

Nook Color Wallpapers
New User
IanRod
0 Kudos

Re: Android app "could not open book at this time NOT SOLVED

I have a Galaxy Tab running Android 3.1 and a Galaxy S cell phone running Android 2.3 both having the same exact issue.

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

It's nice not to be the only one :smileyfrustrated:

Nook Color Wallpapers
New User
Thundergirls
0 Kudos

Problem with B&N Nook Customer Service, they seem to have only one card in their flip book "It's not our problem." I can download sample books and sideload non-DRM product and it opens fine. But downloading previously purchased B&N titles to the new Nook? Nope, no open, no joy. Maybe they'll finally admit with the variety of devices using THEIR software that have the problem they'll actually pay someone to look into it and... uh, fix it??

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

New User
Thundergirls
0 Kudos

Okay this is curious.

Installed Nook 3.0.1.3 on the competitor's android tablet (which shouldn't be considered in the equation since according to these posts the same thing is happening on Nook hardware).

Log in with my old account, the one associated with the original e-ink Nook, and get the "could not open book at this time" on any previously purchased books or newly downloaded free books. Demo books, no problem.

Tried the log-out, log-in method and it didn't make any difference.

However, logged out and then logged in with my wife's account, which she set up when she got an android phone, and Nook software functions flawlessly. SAME Nook software, DIFFERENT (new) account.

Sounds like a DRM issue, and it's really unfortunate that B&N can't or won't recognize the problem.

My recommendation to anyone still experiencing this and the log-out, log-in doesn't correct it, log OUT and try creating a NEW account just to test and see if this fixes the problem. If so, please report it to B&N.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 903 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: