New User
superseiyan

Annotating on Android App?

I'm happy to be on board with Nook.  I chose BN/Nook over the kindle.  I'm very surprised though that you cannot highlight or annotate on the Nook app for android.  That's an essential feature for PDF and eBook readers!  I have a Simple Touch, but I do most of my reading on my Asus Prime tablet.  According to customer service--I was chatting with them today--you can't markup on the Prime.

Also unfortunate is the lack of syncing. Again, in 2012, in a mobile world, syncing across devices just makes sense.  Think of Google Drive, Evernote, etc. 

Hope that Barnes & Noble will be able to fix these two drawbacks on an update.

New User
superseiyan
0 Kudos

Re: Annotating on Android App?

Any ideas?  

I hear other eReader software allows for markup, notes, annotations, etc of ePub and PDF files.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Re: Annotating on Android App?

Honestly, that "other ereader" company does notes and highlights better all around.  Their notes sync consistently, and last I checked you could export them from the device.  I love my nook and the nook android app, but if notes and highlights were important to me, I'd have to seriously consider buying a kindle.  B&N has given no indication at all that they have any intention of ever making notes and highlights fully functional, and we've been asking for it since the first nook came out in November 2009.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 745 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: