0 Kudos

Re: Desktop ereader problems?

Deleting the database was a lot faster. :smileyhappy:

Don't Panic
New User
Rhonda1073
0 Kudos

Where do you delete the database??  I am having problems with getting new books that I have ordered also..  Someone please email me and let me know.  Thank you!!!

New User
peterbax
0 Kudos

Re: PC eReader Issues

This did not fix my issue, nor did renaming the clientAPI.db file.

It seems when I try to logon with the interface that the memeory usage for the reader spikes uncontrolably up to almost 2GB and then dies.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

If someone in support wants a memory dumpt to look at I can get one, but seems the app has a giant memory leak in it.

Reader
Ken-in-Arlington
0 Kudos

Re: BN eReader 2.5.1.198 update for desktop

It's even worse for me. The list of all my books and newspapers disappeared. . . all I see is "Grin & Tonic" and "The Day Book"

New User
Sabrina37
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem and I would really like to read my new book i just purchased.

New User
shesheta
0 Kudos

The same has just happened to me. I'm feeling anxiety.

New User
Alice62
0 Kudos

Wish I would have read these first.  Same problem here.  Will not be checking for new B & N content on my nook for fear of loosing the books there also.

The books are however, still in my computer file.

New User
Alice62
0 Kudos

Uninstalled and re-installed...worked like a charm.  Yeah!!:smileyvery-happy:

New User
klutz
0 Kudos

applied update everything in the ebooks section dissappeared.  Was able to get books(from backup) into my stuff section but lost any bookmarks ,anotations, and cover art.

I have been using this PC ereader for a few months now and it has been the worst.  However on my droid it is actually very good.

I read mostly on my sub-laptop so I have about had it.   

Distinguished Correspondent
AllenR
0 Kudos

Alice62 wrote:

Wish I would have read these first. 

If B&N had their wits about them, you shouldn't have had to read these first.

:smileymad:

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

AllenR
0 Kudos

I see my Kindle for PC program just updated without any issues   :smileywink:

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

Reader
fhayes
0 Kudos

Same problem. Still works on a Windows 7 Ultimate with an older version of eReader (2.5.0.3727). On a 2nd NetBook, running Windows 7 Professional with eReader 2.5.1.198 - no books appear. I'll try deleting the database file. Thanks.

New User
smilealways
0 Kudos

I just got  the e-book downloaded on to my pc and was wounding how you use 'Lend Me'? How do I find out who has the book I'd like to read?

Always Smiling =)
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

To resolve this issue perform the following:

1)      Uninstall the application by clicking Start>All Programs>Barnes& Noble> Desktop Reader> Uninstall

2)      Follow the uninstall prompts.  This process will delete all your local content; however your eBooks will remain stored in your online in your B&N eBooks library.

OR

1)      Uninstall using Control Panel by performing the following: Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs> Remove the Barnes & Noble Desktop Reader.

After Un-installation is complete, simply go to Barnes&Noble.com and re-install the Desktop eReader. 

This process should correct any content issues you may receive in “My Library,” and you can pick up where you left off. Enjoy your reading!

Frequent Contributor
buckysrevenge
0 Kudos

Just tried this out for the first time (was using eReader.com's eBook reader), mainly testing to see if it works natively in Ubuntu Linux via Wine (which apparently it does, with Wine 1.2). I have a Nook, so this wouldn't be my primary reading device, but I do have an issue with the fact I have a large library of eReader pdb files which would be nice to upload to the "My Stuff" section, but you can only import one book at a time. Very annoying when you have over 60 books to import!

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@All,

To resolve this issue perform the following:

1)      Uninstall the application by clicking Start>All Programs>Barnes& Noble> Desktop Reader> Uninstall

2)      Follow the uninstall prompts.  This process will delete all your local content; however your eBooks will remain stored in your online in your B&N eBooks library.

OR

1)      Uninstall using Control Panel by performing the following: Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs> Remove the Barnes & Noble Desktop Reader.

After Un-installation is complete, simply go to Barnes&Noble.com and re-install the Desktop eReader. 

This process should correct any content issues you may receive in “My Library,” and you can pick up where you left off. Enjoy your reading!

Tried the above twice! On re-installation get error message that uninstall.exe can't be installed & installation is incomplete. However, after I exited the error message installation continued & upon completion opened the e-reader. After I signed in daily & grin & tonic opened. When I went to the library all books were present.

However, though checked there was no short-cut icon so I created the short-cut, clicked on it & when the e-reader opened there were NO books.

So no joy, what now?

Contributor
DawnH
0 Kudos

Funny enough, I got a reply back to my email to BN for help on this...they told me they could not help via email and I would have to call in! Guess they don't know what the "fix" is. Glad I posted here where the real knowledgeable people are. Next time I will know not to even try the BN support staff and just check here first!

Thanks to all of you wonderfully helpful people. I do love my Nook, and am glad I can at least get good help here!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

DawnH wrote:

I got a reply back to my email to BN for help on this...they told me they could not help via email and I would have to call in! Guess they don't know what the "fix" is.

B&N's email customer support is for low priority routine inquiries. It has a 48-hour turnaround, and the responses tend to be either canned responses for FAQs or "call us" for anything else.

You should've called. B&N's phone support people are some of the best I've dealt with in a long time. I'd never waste my time on their email support.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

There is a new version of NOOK for PC (it is 2.5.1.237) you can download at the link below:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-pc/379002322/?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=28709

AllenR
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Michael-V wrote:

There is a new version of NOOK for PC (it is 2.5.1.237) you can download at the link below:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-pc/379002322/?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=28709

At least this install worked better than the last, though B&N's software writing capability  "image" is damaged yet again with 2.5.1.198.

However, I still get an error message every time I shut the program down (code 012)

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 556 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: