Contributor
acreader
0 Kudos

Books won't download to iphone

For some reason my recent iphone purchases won't download to my iphone.  Theses are book purchases, not periodicals.  Older purchases are there, but not the ones I made last weekend.  Anybody know why?

Frequent Contributor
Phoenix2637
0 Kudos

Re: Books won't download to iphone

try logging out and logging back in on your NOOK app

New User
comom
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with my iPod Touch 4G. I was told by B&N customer "service" to delete my Nook app from my Touch (I have the books on my PC) and then re-install. Did that.  Now I have no Nook ebooks books on my Touch. No one at B&N seems to know how I can get the books from my PC onto the Touch in a readable form, and I still can't download Nook ebooks directly to the Touch.I've wasted hours on this, with no useful help offered from B&N.  Probably best not to try to read Nook ebooks with iPhone or iPod Touch. B&N apparently doesn't want you to be able to any more. If they think this problem will make me buy a Nook to read their books on, they are sadly mistaken. I'm not even going to buy any print media from them anymore after the way I've been treated by them.

New User
fun2btango
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I just downloaded the nook reader on my iphone. Set up the account with Barnes and Noble.  Ordered a few free books for testing purposes.  I cannot get them to load from the Barnes and Noble.  When I open Nook on my iphone go to orders it says not shipped will be transmitted immediately. That was maybe 2 hours ago, also ones I put in on Feb 9 are still sitting. I have taken this app off my phone 2x tonight, reloaded on my phone through the itunes store and Barnes and Noble.  NOTHING!!! The books are waiting to be shipped....NOW WHAT??

New User
fun2btango
0 Kudos

this did not work for me

Wordsmith
swan480

acreader wrote:

For some reason my recent iphone purchases won't download to my iphone.  Theses are book purchases, not periodicals.  Older purchases are there, but not the ones I made last weekend.  Anybody know why?

Are you using the old app, the eReader?  That older app no longer syncs with your online library, so older purchases will be available, but not newer ones.

If you are using the Nook app, try tapping the little circular arrow in the upper right hand corner of the app's main screen.  That should sync the app to your online library.

Another option is to sign out in the app, and then sign back in.

If it's still having problems, try shutting your iPhone all the way down and booting it back up.  A hard reset may also work if that doesn't.  Like any computer, the iPhone does need to be rebooted occasionally for everything to work right.

Don't listen to people like comon who hang out here and spew venom.  I have been reading ebooks on my iPhone since last summer, and my husband recently started too.  The app does work, and any problems hubby and I have encountered have usually been quickly resolved by rebooting the phone or signing out and back in again.  It is true that customer service isn't very helpful, but luckily there are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help.

New User
Fantasy_bookie
0 Kudos

I installed the app just last week. Asside from a few odd quirks, it works well. With the books not downloading, it only downloads one book to memory at a time. You should be able to touch the thumbnail and the option for download will come up.

New User
susiepete
0 Kudos

I downloaded a book to my iphone last week and now it is not there.  I wanted to put it on my NC but how can I do that???  It is sitting there on BN to be downloaded. 

Thanks

Reader 2
cjshaw
0 Kudos

Good advise. Signing out & back in on my iphone worked when nothing else has. I've been trying to resolve this issue for months. Thanks for sharing your info!

New User
nitetrane2020
0 Kudos

Hello, this is my first time writing a review, but I was compelled to respond to this topic. I am having the same problem with my ipod touch and my latest ebooks I purchased since Dec 2013. I really like the nook app and been reading for a long time. But I have tried everything the customer service has told me and went into the local store as well to get help. they all are saying the same thing as in these blogs everyone is writing. But its just not working for me. I hate to say it but I kind of agree with (Comom), I dont want to leave my Nook but what chose do I have. I'm at my last straw here. So is the anyone else out there that can shead a little more light on this subject. To redeem my faith in Barnes & Noble and there ebook purchases.
New User
nitetrane2020
0 Kudos

Hey I just wrote a review and agree with Comon on his frustration with his Ipod touch but as I read on in the blogs I came across yours and agree with you as well. Its good and up lifting to hear positive feedback with a enjoyable outlook on things. I'm glad to know I am not the only one to like to put a positive spin on things. Like turning that frown upside down and keep trying to work it out. I'm trying your ideas right now and hoping for the best.
New User
nitetrane2020
0 Kudos

Well just tried to use the ideas of (Swan480) with no luck at all. So again if there is anyone out there can help in this issue let me know.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

So... not 100% sure what you tried but...

Are you running iOS7?

Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it?

Are you able to log into your B&N account on the website and download books?

New User
Kunlao
0 Kudos

Best option is to sign out, then sign back in. I've had this problem happen several times and signing out, then in has worked every time.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 245 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: