Reader
JonSzanto
0 Kudos

Broken pagination on PC eReader

Just noticed this last night:

Went to pick up where I left off in a book, have been reading on the iPhone, and when I brought it up on the PC version of the eReader, I notice that significant amounts of text are omitted when going from page to page.

I started reading, and when I'd get to the end of a page and proceed, the top of the next page didn't make any sense. Comparing it to the same passage on the iPhone shows that text that should have been at the bottom of the previous page (or top of the new page) is missing.

Anybody else with this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

TIA,

Jon

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

Re: Broken pagination on PC eReader

What book (or books)?

I have not seen this on any ePUB or PDB books that I can compare on the nook and PC eReader app.

New User
OscarG
0 Kudos

I just downloaded PC eReader v2.1.1.2 to see what it was all about. Found the same symptoms. I had increased the font size and line spacing in settings for two reasons. (I'm old and my notebook has a high resolution screen making text smaller.) What I saw I liked and found very readable.

When I reduced line spacing to 100 and a smaller font, 9, the full content became available during paging but was not very readable.

I might suspect there should be a scroll bar on the right to navigate down the "enlarged" page, but there is none.

This reader most definitely has a problem.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@JonSzanto,

I am looking into this for you, but please do not hesitate in contacting our Customer Service Center at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and ask for Digital Support (and letting us know if this has been resolved).

International customers should call us at 201-559-3882201-438-1475.
Your Admin.,
Michael-V
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@JonSzanto,

Which particular eBook is it that you are experiencing this issue with...?

You can PM me if you would like?

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
OscarG
0 Kudos

I saw the problem with the "sample" of 2010 : Take Back America: A Battle Plan

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@OscarG,

Sorry for the long wait that you experienced.

Looking into this for you....FYI..

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader
JonSzanto
0 Kudos

@Michael-V,

The book in question is "You Are Not A Gadget" by Jaron Lanier (oddly enough, it is about changes in technology and society!). I'll check the couple other books I own. I *did* try changing font size and line spacing, and while it moved things around, it didn't seem like any particular setting helped. Also, note that I had chosen "Georgia" as the font choice.

Hope this information helps clear up the problem.

Regards,

Jon

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@OscarG and JonSzanto,

I am looking into this for both of you...FYI...

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@OscarG and JonSzanto,

Our content team is looking into this, but if there is anything else that can be done do not hesitate in contacting our Customer Service line at 1-800-843-2665.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader
JonSzanto
0 Kudos

Thanks, Michael - let us know if you get anywhere with the problem (by posting back here)...

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@JonSzanto,

I will and I apologize for it taking as long as it has.  It is a matter of our content team going through their verification process, etc.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
lh_georgia
0 Kudos

I found that I could change the font and font-size if I kept the line spacing at 100. At least for the few changes that I tried.

lh_georgia

Reader
kdcbus
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem.  I downloaded the eReader today and was trying to look at the free eBook that comes with it- Little Women.  There is no way to scroll down the page past what can fit on the screen at once.

New User
ChrisW26
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with eReader on a PC with a purchased book, Food Rules, and the free books: Pride and Prejudice, Dracula and Little Women. eReader worked fine when I first purchased the book several weeks ago. This problem just started today. I have tried changing the margins, font size, font and justification and nothing makes the missing words visible. Frustrating - I was just about to purchase another book but not now.

Does anyone know if this is happening on the iPod Touch also?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@ChrisW26,

Please contact our Customer Service line at 1.800.843.2665 (1-800-THE-BOOK) and ask for Digital Support.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader 4
CatieCC
0 Kudos

Just wanted to identify I'm having the same problem.  I've adjusted margins and font sizes.  I'll call customer service.  I hope this is simply a settings issue since this is my first use and I thought it would be a good experience.

Reader 2
Wolfmama2three
0 Kudos

I have a related, but slightly different problem.  The text on my PC eReader is fine, but the text on my iPhone reader has issues.  I have a bus commute to and from work, so the iPhone is my only real option for reading then (hope to get a nook soon!!!)

I'm currently reading (or trying to read) Dark of the Moon by John Sandord. 

If I change the pages I miss about 2-3 lines of text between pages.  I can use the scrolling feature and see those few lines, but I read WAY faster than the pages scroll and there's no way I've found to speed things up. 

When I do use the scroll feature, this is what I see:

(bottom of page) xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

(missing text) aaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaa aaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaaa a aaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa aaaaa aaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa a aaa

(top of next page) xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

The lines with the a's are the lines that are missing on my iPhone when I turn pages.  It seems they get moved to a different "paragraph" and that paragraph drops off between the pages.

I've had this book for quite some time and just can't finish it because it's too frustrating to try and read it!

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Wolfmama2three,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.

Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

That's frustrating!  I hope this iPhone broken pagination problem can be resolved in the near future.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:57 members 658 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: