New User
SilverMoonSM
0 Kudos

Can not download a free ebook to my reader for pc

I downloaded the reader for PC a week ago and thought I would download a free classic ebook and try it out.  It wil not let me do this.  It keeps kicking me over to sign in to my account, which I've done numerous times already.  The book will not download to the reader on my pc.  I can see the icon on my desktop.  Am I doing something wrong?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Can not download a free ebook to my reader for pc

@SilverMoonSM,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Which ebook are you trying to download?  If you prefer to send me a PM (private message) please do so.

New User
clairels
0 Kudos

Hi, I am having a similar problem, when I tried to download the Barnes and Noble Classic edition of "Jane Eyre," today. I have the eReader program for PC. No matter what I do, the book will not appear on the "My Library" list in the eReader. I have tried downloading it multiple times and opening it in different ways. Please help?

New User
ak_kayaker
0 Kudos

I've downloaded the ereader and I puchased a new book.  Normally I use my nook but I don't have it with me. I tried downloading it and I know that normally you have to have the unlock code but it won't even let me get to that stage.  The only option it gives me is to save it to my documents but when I try to open it it says it can't be read.  After spending over an hour spinning in circles around your site, I am very frustrated.  Help, please. 

New User
NanSuAsk
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem and can't get help from Barns & Noble.  Customer Service never picks up the phone.  I've paid for the ebooks and would like to read them.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

NanSuAsk wrote:

Customer Service never picks up the phone.

Are you calling the right number?

• In the US: 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support
  • Outside of the US: 1-201-438-1834
New User
NanSuAsk
0 Kudos

Thanks for the number.  Someone answered after half hour and told me to sign on.  I did that, but it is still giving me the same message when I try to download an ebook to my ereader.  I am very frustrated with the whole thing.l  I returned a nook because I couldn't get help with the problems. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 678 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: