lkr
New User
lkr
0 Kudos

Can't download e-book from netgalley.com through Adobe Digital Editions

When I tried to downlaod the book from netgalley.com, the instructions said to download Adobe Digital Editions first.  So, I downloaded ADE to my computer.  The book is now loaded on my computer, in ADE, but I can't figure out how to get it onto my nook.  I did copy and paste it from the ADE folder to my nook folder, but it doesn't show up anywhere on my nook...not in my documents or anywhere else that I can find.  What am I doing wrong?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: Can't download e-book from netgalley.com through Adobe Digital Editions

You have to authorize your nook in ADE.

Then, with your nook appearing as one of the "libraries" in the left column in ADE (under All Books, Borrowed Books, etc.), drag the book from the right side of ade to the nook icon on the left side of ADE. 

Then properly eject your nook from your computer, go to "my documents" on the nook, and check for new content.

lkr
New User
lkr
0 Kudos

Thank you! It worked.  I had activated my nook, but didn't understand that I had to drag the document icons from the right side of the page to the nook icon on the left.

New User
BrowneyedgirlNY
0 Kudos

Thanks soooo much I was competely lost! I just joined Netgalley so I was a complete space cadet.

Thanks again!

Ginamarie

Reader
agapegrace
0 Kudos

I'm able to get the netgalley book ONTO my nook, but now that it's on there, I can't read it. The nook locks up every time I try to open one of the files. I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 694 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: