Reader 4
entropyrulez
0 Kudos

Can't sign in to Nook for PC (1025 error)

I've tried (for several weeks now) to log into my Nook for PC app on my computer. I keep getting the same message:

"We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time - please try again later. (Sign in: 1025)."

I've contacted support twice & have followed each & every bit of advice, only to be told to try again later--which I have done.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And what can be done, if anything? It's very frustrating to have several books in a library that you cannot access.

I had planned on buying a Nook in the near future, but this issue is forcing me to reconsider. I do not have this issue with Kindle for PC (and I do not want to buy a Kindle).

Reader
d4n13
0 Kudos

Re: Can't sign in to Nook for PC (1025 error)

[ Edited ]

How funny... I was posting this presently.

B&N database is corrupted.  If you create a new account it will work just fine.  Nothing wrong on your end.  Problem is if you create a new account I think you loose all your purchased content.

I've called 4 times on this.  Last tech suggested I upgrade my OS to Vista since I'm using NOOK PC on WinXP.

B&N DB admins need to get involved.  Don't know how to get their attention.  I'm at a loss.

Sorry we are in the same boat.  Looks like it's back to paper for me till they get this resolved.

--

Error 1025

--

New User
bnfish328
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error message with the Vista operating system while my XP computer works perfectly fine. When I called BN they told me it was because of the new updates everyone was downloading so it was clogging their system. It's been almost two weeks now with still the same issue. Nook for PC and NookStudy won't let me sign in, but they will let me create a new account. This is getting tiring.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

What version of NOOK for PC do you have...?

Reader
d4n13
0 Kudos

Installer is stamped:

Signed by:

BarnesAndNobile.com

Sign Time:

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:03:24 PM

This is super easy to reproduce.

1) Create a B&N Nook account on the web.

2) Take two blank machines, and install WinXP or Vista on them.

3) Install NOOK PC on them.

4) Log into NOOK PC on the first machine with the account you created in step 1.

5) Log into NOOK PC on the second machine with the account you created in step 2.

6) BOOM!

Now the account created in step 1 is hosed.  It will now and forever ONLY let you log into NOOK PC from the first machine you built.  The account is now keyed to that PC.

Notice, I'm talking PC's here, not NOOKs.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

Please confirm that you haven't disable HTTP cookies.

Reader
d4n13
0 Kudos

Interesting idea.  Which cookie jar do you use?  Firefox, IE, or Chrome?

Also, if this works, you may want rename 1025 into "Cookie failure.  Please unsecured your PC"

What site do I put in the cookie safe list?  I will not open them up globally.

Reader
d4n13
0 Kudos

Fantastic.  You are 100% on the money.

1025 does not mean try again later... it means open your cookie jar... wide open... then log in.

Any chance we can get a version of NOOK PC that can work without wide open cookie jars?  It really is a problematic way to journey on the internet.

Again... Many thanks to the forum moderators for figuring this out.  I would have never thought to open the cookie jar.  Well done!

Reader 4
entropyrulez
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Still not working for me. I accept all cookies, but my library is still empty & I cannot log in. Did I waste money on buying these ebooks? This is very frustrating & tech support has no been able to fix the problem.

I had intended to buy a Nook in the new year, but if this is the kind of problems I can expect, I am not filled with confidence.

New User
todd73
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same message when I try to sign onto Nook PC.  I have vista on my laptop and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  I have also changed the properties to XP Service pack when downloading.  I also opened all my cookies in FireFox and I am still having trouble.  Does anyone have any other advice?  This is frusterating and I will be leaving the country in a few days and need to get this issue resolved immediately.  I have also called customer service and been told that there is nothing that they can do.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

New User
BookObssessed
0 Kudos

Im having the same problem, and its been like tis for over 2 months. This is bad, its like theyre trying to make u by the Nook

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 288 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: