Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad
0 Kudos

Cannot Sync "internal error: exception executing command"

So this started about a month ago. Every time I launch the Nook app on my stock Honeycomb HTC Flyer tablet I see the error: "internal error: exception executing command" and I am unable to sync or visit the Nook store.

If I uninstall and re-install the app I am able to connect... just once. And I can download all my content and even buy a new book. But as soon as I close the app and then re-open it I get the dreaded "internal error."

I can read the books I have, but since I cannot syc any notes or highlights will be lost.

I called tech support but they were unable to help.

Unfortunately this leaves me no option but to purchase my books from Amazon from no on, which I was really hoping to avoid. 

Only other thing to note is that my tablet is encrypted using standard Android encryption.

New User
ItWorksOnMyMachine
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot Sync "internal error: exception executing command"

I have exactly the same problem.  After about 2 months of going around and around with tech support in emails they finally told me to call.  They couldn't help me on the phone either.  The app has been through several updates and none of them has fixed the problem.  My ticket number was KMM32790815V54657L0KM in case anyone at B&N cares.

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Hey I happen to be on another site ClubNook and their is a fix or workaround for this.  Goggle and when there look under Nook EReaders app.  She is a register beta tester for the app.

Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. The fix worked for me. Unfortunately, the "fix" basically involves rolling back to an earlier version of the program. And while that works great for books I have already bought, I feel uncomfortable purchasing new books under these conditions. It's sad, really. Amazon seems to have no touble supporting the HTC Flyer. Why is it a problem for Barnes & Noble? And why, if multiple users have reported the issue on the HTC Flyer, does Barnes & Noble technical support seem unaware of it?

Here's hoping that B&N addresses the issue in a future release so that I can feel comfortable buying from them again. 

Contributor
JoshKing
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I have searched and searched for the work around/fix you referenced and I can not find anything. Even when I go to the ClubNook site it shows nothing. Could you possible post a link?

Contributor
olderTechnology
0 Kudos

I have been having this same problem on Jelly Bean (running N2A card on the Nook Tablet), but not on my Android phone. Are there any fixes for this problem? I emailed support and they gave me service request number 8001714402, but they told me to call in. When I called in, all I got was first-level support whose idea of debugging was to ask me to change my password. I'm not going to do that.

Here are my symptoms:

When I start the app, it says

"Action Required: Please Sign Out then Sign In again to resolve the
library or shop sync errors you're experiencing."

Needless to say, signing out and signing in does not make the message go
away.

Then, when I try to download stuff, it often says "Error: Internal
Error: Exception executing the command." This can also happen if I try
to go to the store.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have also uninstalled, deleted the Nook folder, and reinstalled the app.  I have also gone to the Apps screen in android and removed all
application data.

None of these things has made the problem go away and stay away.

My current app version is 3.3.0.26.ANDTBL.

I am running the same app on an Ice Cream Sandwich Android phone with no
issues, except the version says ANDMBL instead of ANDTBL.

Is there any solution for this? Downgrading is not an option, for the reason cited above.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

A few things about Android, first off, the N2A card is not a supported system, BN never tested with it.  Since Android has so many versions flying around and the Manufacturers also add code to the OS, there is going to be issues with the different flavors of Android.  Think of it this way, you own a Ford automobile, you could replace a lightbulb with one from a Chrysler and all would be good.  But you cannot replace the Ford motor with a Dodge motor.  It might fit the motor mounts but there is no way it is going to work with the Ford transmission.

That being said, it can take a long time to find a way to support every flavor of Android out there.  There is one reason that Apple created a walled garden for the iPod, iPhone and iPad, it makes it easy for developers to build apps that will run on each of their devices, I am not saying you should buy an iPad, I am just saying that Android does not make it easy for developers to make their apps work on every device.

Contributor
olderTechnology
0 Kudos

Well, as a software guy, and as a customer, I don't quite buy it. First, N2A Android is barely customized... it's straight Jellybean without any carrier mods. Second, it's B&N's own hardware. This N2A card is a big selling point for Nooks, even if B&N doesn't mention it in their marketing. Third, this is an e-reader for crying out loud, not a game that we're trying to get working on crazy video hardware. Fourth, it is failing *sign-on*, not a hard feature to debug.

I don't know why a support forum can't be used for support, instead of defending B&N's software bugs. I thought maybe other users had had this problem and could offer tips.

Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 280 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: