New User
rfs5052
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Cannot download nook books onto my computer... please help :(

Hey,

I recently bought a bunch of nook books via giftcards online, and I got the latest Nook for PC... the problem is, I can't download most of my books. When I try to download them directly via my library online, I get an "Oops! This item cannot be downloaded from your browser" error. That wouldn't be a problem, if I could download the books via the nook for pc library... which I can't either. I get this error:

---------------------------
NOOK for PC
This title is currently not available for download for this application. (Download: 2138)

This is ridiculous. I payed for over $30 dollars worth of Nook books, and none of them said anything about compatibility issues with certain nook apps. I basically payed for a crapload of books I can't even use... essentially B&N stole all the money from my giftcards, and delivered a faulty product. I am REALLY ticked off about this... Has anyone else had this problem? 

I checked my orders, and they all say shipped. None of my ebooks had any problems checking out... what is wrong here, and how do I get my books on my computer? :smileymad:

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot download nook books onto my computer... please help :(

Have you checked your Book's info page on the BN.com site? Does it list your NOOK device/app by name? Some publishers restrict what device your purchase can be loaded onto. Each NOOK book has a description of what device/app can read the book.

Also have you contacted Technical Support to see if there is something they can help you with? Please remember that there are not a lot of BN employees here, these boards are for users to assist users.
I know if I had an issue with a retailer I would go directly to the retailer for a solution, If you don't get any other help here, please go ahead and contact BN at 1.800.THE.BOOK.
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

rfs5052 wrote:

Hey,

I recently bought a bunch of nook books via giftcards online, and I got the latest Nook for PC... the problem is, I can't download most of my books. When I try to download them directly via my library online, I get an "Oops! This item cannot be downloaded from your browser" error. That wouldn't be a problem, if I could download the books via the nook for pc library... which I can't either. I get this error:

NOOK for PC
This title is currently not available for download for this application. (Download: 2138)

This is ridiculous. I payed for over $30 dollars worth of Nook books, and none of them said anything about compatibility issues with certain nook apps. I basically payed for a crapload of books I can't even use... essentially B&N stole all the money from my giftcards, and delivered a faulty product. I am REALLY ticked off about this... Has anyone else had this problem? 

I checked my orders, and they all say shipped. None of my ebooks had any problems checking out... what is wrong here, and how do I get my books on my computer? :smileymad:

What books did you purchase?  Enhanced eBooks typically won't work with anything but the tablet Nooks.  When you look at each eBook's page, you should see a line that says 'available on nook devices and apps ?'.  If you click on the "?" it will list what devices/apps the book is available for.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
onestell
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with my order ...

And nowhere on the product page does it say that it can't be downloaded to my Android device or my PC.  Unexcusable in my opinion!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

onestell wrote:

I have the same issue with my order ...

And nowhere on the product page does it say that it can't be downloaded to my Android device or my PC.  Unexcusable in my opinion!

Did you check the compatibility using the method describe above? 

Also as mentioned above there is little anyone on the forums can do to fix this issue, there is also little they can do in the store save call support for you.  1-800 The Book is your best bet to getting this solved, and the quicker you call the better.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Another thing you might want to add here is the URL for the book you purchased and the name of the book and the author.

New User
Carluzrt

download http://www.bluestacks.com/
to your pc, then you should be able to gett nook app for android. Good luck.
New User
Carluzrt
0 Kudos

Download bluestacks from http://www.bluestacks.com/ to your pc. The pc has to be fast enough though.

This programs lets you play android apps on your pc.  You should then be able to download the nook app and read your books that way. Hope this helped.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Carluzrt wrote:

Download bluestacks from http://www.bluestacks.com/ to your pc. The pc has to be fast enough though.

This programs lets you play android apps on your pc.  You should then be able to download the nook app and read your books that way. Hope this helped.

This would only be beneficial if you had an eBook/eMagazine that was available for the android app but not the Nook for PC app.

New User
Dark_Muse
0 Kudos

While I would still find the need to check an ambigous "?" to determine compatibility, the purchase I made today stated that it was compatible as either an e-book or on the many nook readers.  Alas, this is not true, I cannot read it online, nor via the ipad...   bad form, I expect much Better from B&N

Reader
TJS17
0 Kudos

Me too :-(

New User
shudson72
0 Kudos

Issue:

I am unable to download to my desktop computer.  I am getting the error message: "Oops! This item cannot be downloaded from your browser". 

I am been trying to download the Free Friday book for Jan 17, 2014, of "We're Going to the Farm" by Adam Pryce, Nacy Streza.  Please help.

Thank You,

shudson72

Download URL is: https://mynook.barnesandnoble.com/home.html

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

shudson72 wrote:

Issue:

I am unable to download to my desktop computer.  I am getting the error message: "Oops! This item cannot be downloaded from your browser". 

I am been trying to download the Free Friday book for Jan 17, 2014, of "We're Going to the Farm" by Adam Pryce, Nacy Streza.  Please help.

Thank You,

shudson72

Download URL is: https://mynook.barnesandnoble.com/home.html

Looks like this is an enhanced eBook, it's not available for the eInk Nooks nor the Android or PC/Mac apps.  You likely won't ever be able to download a copy to your computer, only to your Nook tablet style device.

Reader
Venohm
0 Kudos

I got bit by this one too.  I didn't realize that compatible with nook app meant only some of the apps.  Now I have a book in my son's library that he can't read on his android tablet.  Looks like Amazon will start getting my business since I have to worry about Barnes & Nobles compatability with my device.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 999 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: