Contributor
almightyemu
0 Kudos

Cannot load free ebooks from Manybooks.net

I had downloaded a bunch of books from manybooks.net and am having problems getting them to exist on my nook. I first downloaded them in .epub format, then copied them to the "my B&N Downloads" folder of my nook drive via USB port. I turned on my nook, looked in my library, and they weren't there. I then deleted these files and redownloaded them in .pdb format, copied them to the same folder, and same result. They don't exist. I tried moving the .pdb files to "my documents" on the nook, but they don't register there, either. What am I doing wrong?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot load free ebooks from Manybooks.net

Any sideloaded content needs to be placed in the "my documents" folder, NOT the my B&N Downloads folder.   Then you need to check for new content when you open up the "my documents" section on the nook.

Contributor
almightyemu
0 Kudos

Ooookie doke. Now I've got it. Is there any file that I can use that will end up in my library instead, if I don't download it from B&N?

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The B&N Library is only for ebooks purchased from B&N.  Compatible ebooks purchased elsewhere sideload to My Documents.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 498 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: