Frequent Contributor
pidgeon92
0 Kudos

Chapters in ebook on iPad app not in order.

I purchased Scott Sigler's Contagious for my nook some months back. I have the book on my nook, but decided to read it this week via the B&N app on my iPad. I got through about 70 pages when I started noticing characters that hadn't appeared before, and situations that didn't fit the timeline. After about 30 more pages, I knew something wasn't right.

I opened the book on my nook, and sure enough, the chapters in the book on the iPad app are not in the correct order. I've been reading ebooks for a few years, and have never come across this problem. There is something wonky on the iPad app. I won't be using that again.

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Re: Chapters in ebook on iPad app not in order.

I have not purchased that particular book, but I have purchased several books through BN and the iPad app and have not experienced that problem. Perhaps it is the way that book is formatted?

Frequent Contributor
pidgeon92
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have started the book from the beginning on my nook, and the chapters are in the correct order.... That is, to say, that the book makes sense now. I am around page 90, and am at a chapter that started at about page 130 on the iPad app.

I am sure that the app is misinterpreting the chapter sequence for some reason, and it is no doubt a formatting issue. The formatting is also missing the paragraph indents and the spaces between the paragraphs, which are on the nook version.

Frequent Contributor
pidgeon92
0 Kudos

Finished the book last night on my nook. Was very sad to find many of the chapters I had read on the iPad - prior to page 200 - was in fact the end of the book, which was 529 pages long.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 640 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: