New User
chengka
0 Kudos

Cruel joke or dumb user?

I woke this morning to a new verion of Nook on my Nexus 7, 3.4.0.89.ANDTBLHD.  I hope this is dumb user errror, but I cannot find a way to remedy any of these problems I see.

The home/content/search.test.brightness.detail bar will not disappear.

I cannot select text for dictionary.

I do not want to see the "read to me" button.

I do not want sounds for page turning.

I loved animated page turns, but I do not have it at the moment.

As is, I cannot use Nook on my Nexus 7.  Please tell me  I am missing an options screen :smileyhappy:

Ken

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Cruel joke or dumb user?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
New User
chengka
0 Kudos

Yes I did, no change. Can someone confirm that what I am seeing is not the normal behavior for the latest version?
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

chengka wrote:

I woke this morning to a new verion of Nook on my Nexus 7, 3.4.0.89.ANDTBLHD.  I hope this is dumb user errror, but I cannot find a way to remedy any of these problems I see.

The home/content/search.test.brightness.detail bar will not disappear.

I cannot select text for dictionary.

I do not want to see the "read to me" button.

I do not want sounds for page turning.

I loved animated page turns, but I do not have it at the moment.

As is, I cannot use Nook on my Nexus 7.  Please tell me  I am missing an options screen :smileyhappy:

Ken

I downloaded the update to my phone and have an options button when I tap on the menu icon.

New User
chengka
0 Kudos

This is resolved. I think it was related to the full screen+ app. I uninstalled fullscreen+ and nook. Installed nook and the problem was gone. I am a bit puzzled because I subsequently reinstalled full screen and nook is still ok. Thanks.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

chengka wrote:
This is resolved. I think it was related to the full screen+ app. I uninstalled fullscreen+ and nook. Installed nook and the problem was gone. I am a bit puzzled because I subsequently reinstalled full screen and nook is still ok. Thanks.

Weird things happen in the electronic world.  If I plug a wireless keyboard/mouse receiver into my computer, the power saver that turns the external monitor display off stops working.  If I unplug the receiver, the power saver option works again.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

This is called software conflicts and is why you should always state what OS, version of the app and whatever other software you are running on your device when you seek help.  Saying "My x does not work" won't get you much help.  The fact that you troubleshot your device and found the issue says a lot about your deductive skills, props for that.  The fix appears to be to install NOOK first and then the other software second so that the NOOK software does not conflict with Fullscreen+.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 60 members 342 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: