Contributor
LauraBayne
0 Kudos

Desktop Reader Won't Log into Account

I have uninstalled and reloaded the software; I have changed my email for the account; I have done everything I can think of. Yet everytime I try to log in I get the exact same error message: Please verify email address and password and try again. (Sign in: 1002)

Now, I have no problem w/ my log in on the BN website and can access my library, but I'm not able to read on my computer. This is really frustrating!!!! Any wisdom?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Desktop Reader Won't Log into Account

LauraBayne wrote:

I have uninstalled and reloaded the software; I have changed my email for the account; I have done everything I can think of. Yet everytime I try to log in I get the exact same error message: Please verify email address and password and try again. (Sign in: 1002)

Now, I have no problem w/ my log in on the BN website and can access my library, but I'm not able to read on my computer. This is really frustrating!!!! Any wisdom?

Did you change it on the web site?  At least one user reported doing this and not being able to purchase from his nook till he changed it back.  You might try that.

Or,

Change it again on the webside.  (erase and put the same thing back in).

Then try again.  

passwords and email addresses are CaSe SeNsiTive.

Reader 2
Whimsical_Being
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.  It's a recent problem, that occured after I cleaned up My Documents.  I thought I might have accidentally deleted something important in the process so I reinstalled the reader, but I'm still not able to log-in.

I, too, have no problem logging into my library online.  It's just a problem with the desktop reader.

Contributor
LauraBayne
0 Kudos

I changed it on the website and back.  I use the exact same characters, etc...  However, this problem occurred before I changed my log in (I made the switch as a troubleshoot).

Reader 2
Whimsical_Being
0 Kudos

I finally gave up and called digital support.  One of their own was having the same problem, but they haven't figured out the cause of the problem yet.  They were pretty certain it was on their end, however; and it might take up to 48 hours for them to fix the problem.

If you're just wanting to read your B&N books, I can recommend ereader as an alternative e-reader:http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/browse.htm

Contributor
LauraBayne
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll use my iTouch in the meantime to read the book I want.  Not preferable b/c I like the larger screen of my computer, but better than having to deal with opening the books in ereader. :smileyhappy:

I'll be patient for now, but I'll probably have some choice words to say if they don't fix this soon.

And publishers wonder why readers find DRM so annoying.  I bought the content and should be able to read it on the platform I want when I want.  I'm not interested in learning to hack the DRM, but I hate the fact that I have to use multiple  kinds of software to read the books I buy (sometimes it's cheaper to buy epub for example). Apologies for the rant; this isn't necessarily the right place for it, but our not being able to access our own content... Makes me want to pick up a paperback. :smileyhappy: I've never had any problems getting one of those to work.  

Reader 2
Whimsical_Being
0 Kudos

No problem, I understand.  I've used ereader for a few years, so it takes me about two seconds to unlock the books.  I do, however, hope they get this fixed soon.

I understand the concept of DRM, but I think that there are some serious flaws on the reader's end of things. 

Contributor
LauraBayne
0 Kudos

Did they every fix your problem?  I called them on Friday and am waiting for a response from the tech to whom my problem was escalated. Not a happy camper out here.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 59 members 600 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: