Contributor
annoyingboy
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Difference between Nook app on Android and an actual Nook tablet?

I bought the original Nook when it came out. I loved eInk and how it was like reading paper. However, in the last year, I have found myself reading Nook books more and more on my phone and tablet using the Nook app. In the past, I thought about upgrading my Nook, but now I'm thinking--do I even need to do this if I already have a tablet? In other words, am I getting the same visual experience using the Nook app on my own Android tablet compared to getting an actual Nook tablet?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Difference between Nook app on Android and an actual Nook tablet?

Some eBooks and eMagazines won't work on the apps, only on the tablet style Nooks.  If those aren't what you're reading, there really isn't a reason not to just use the app on whatever tablet you've got.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
Jaclk
0 Kudos

The Nook apk on the original Nook reader showed the bookshelves and allowed you to make custom bookshelves.  The Android app only shows on a white background what is in your active file.  If you move books to archieve like I do, the you have to unarchive the books.  I prefer the bookshelf look and to have all my books showing.  That way if I want to re-read any of them I can find them quickly.  I really don't like the android look at all.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Jaclk wrote:

The Nook apk on the original Nook reader showed the bookshelves and allowed you to make custom bookshelves.  The Android app only shows on a white background what is in your active file.  If you move books to archieve like I do, the you have to unarchive the books.  I prefer the bookshelf look and to have all my books showing.  That way if I want to re-read any of them I can find them quickly.  I really don't like the android look at all.

Judging by the downloadable manuals I've seen for the Simple Touch models and the now discontinued Nook Color, the Android app works pretty similar to to those devices. I believe an actual Nook device is required for the in store free "books" (the ones I've read would be more appropriately called pamphlets) and the free reading in store (limited to the first hour the device is on the special Nook reader hot spot).

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:47 members 394 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: