Contributor
LittleGrayLC
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Double copies of the ebooks

I just down loaded the ereader to my PC and I ended up with two copies of the four free books.  My library says i have 8 eboks instead of 4.  I tried to archive of of the books and it archived both of the same books.  I don't want to delete one book and have them both disappear.  I'm afraid I will buy a book and I will get 2 copies and be charged double.  What do I do?  I just bought the nook today and then I downloaded the ereader. 

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Double copies of the ebooks

Go to your B&N account on the web site http://my.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/ebookslibrary.html

Delete the duplicates from that site, not from eReader.

Reader
nbsmith
0 Kudos

Buying a book won't result from getting 2 copies and being charged twice. The reason for two sets of the free ebooks is because register your nook gives you the 4 free books and activating your ebook BN account on the site also gives you the 4 free books.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

nbsmith wrote:

The reason for two sets of the free ebooks is because register your nook gives you the 4 free books and activating your ebook BN account on the site also gives you the 4 free books.

Not sure that is the reason.

I've had a B&N account for years.  I had my nook since December 9.

The night before release 1.2 was released the duplicates showed up in my account.  

The duplicates had different dates.

I suspect this was some kind of database glitch, or preparation for release 1.2.

Contributor
LittleGrayLC
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

Contributor
LittleGrayLC
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help.

Contributor
LittleGrayLC
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.  I'm new when it comes to ereaders. I have lots of books in tubs in the basement and my husband is getting frustrated.  I reread books.  So i don't want to get rid of my favorite authors.  I'm hoping the nook will save alot of space. Thanks again.

Correspondent
eagleSB
0 Kudos

Wow, we seem to be getting double copies of the posts now...

New User
debbiej
0 Kudos

Going to the web site to delete duplicate copies sounded like the perfect resolution - except, when I went there, the ebook duplicates did not appear!  Just to clean up My Library on my nook, is there anyway to delete duplicate titles (rather than all instances of the title)?  As another subscriber mentioned, there are different download dates (sounds like whenever one registers or updates their nook), but they all seem to be "connected" in that what ever action you choose for one (archive, delete, etc.), it happens to all instances of the title.  Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 315 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: