New User
moso
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Enhanced NookBook & Ipad 2 not downloading

[ Edited ]

Purchased an enhanced nookbook Harry, A History, yesterday and can not read the book on the Nook for Ipad app. Before I bought it, when I clicked the buy now it said it can be read on Nook Color and in the Nook For Ipad app, so I went through with it. It's paid for (with a gift card)  and in my library and "shipped" in my order history. I saw in another help thread that said to access nook library from the Safari app and try to download it from there, received a "can't be downloaded from your browser". I also tried firefox, chrome and safari on my computer with the same error. I can see it in Nook for PC, current version 2.5.5.8763, all I can do from that is move it to and from the archive. Clicking to download or read, I get an an error says "title not available for this application (download 2138)". I know it isn't for the Nook PC app, I'm just listing what I tried. The book is not in the Nook Ipad app, not as a download, not in the archives, not when I refresh, not when I "deregister" by logging out. If I can't read the book, I want a refund, it's really that simple.

edited to add what I see when I try to purchase any enhanced books:

I also downloaded a free sample of Philosophy of David Lynch which put a .pdb file on my computer that I can't open and in Nook PC, I get a "technical difficulties error download: 2154" when I tried to download it and in the nook ipad app it says "title can not be viewed on this device.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: Enhanced NookBook & Ipad 2 not downloading

Well, I don't know about your book specifically, but in the listing for enhanced books I have bought it says they are specifically for the NOOKcolor. There's a thing that says "Read exclusively on these devices". If you get something else and the book won't eork, you need to call CS about getting money back. As far as pdbs, the only nook thing I am aware that will read then are the N1Es. At one time books that were downloaded as epubs on other devices were downloading on macs as pdbs, but I think that was changed. As far as I know no other app or device can read such. This may be something overlooked. Publishers do the formatting, so may not have provided epub versions. Again, I would call CS to let them know so they can get the publisher to fix it.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Frequent Contributor
geertm

You only get PDB format on a Mac when downloading from the B&N website.

Use Nook for Mac (or is case of problems Nook Study) to download the books in ePub.

New User
330cic
0 Kudos

Try the Nook for Kids app on the iPad.  That one reads enhanced books (as well as the normal ones).  I had the same issue with "Goodnight iPad" and its very annoying as I had to add all of my books to the "kids" app just so I could get them all in one place.

New User
davis3278
0 Kudos

Thanks for this post! I was having trouble figuring this out, and was able to download the "nook for kids" app on the ipad and it worked like a charm!!

New User
RFB99
0 Kudos

That solution did not work for me.  Cannot read the book I bought on any Nook app.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 798 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: